How to debug Firebug

Yves Dorfsman

Nov 26, 2015, 12:17:05 PM11/26/15
to Firebug

I'm trying to add a functionality to an extension, and whenever something is
wrong with my code, the extension is not present in the menu but there is no
error message, and nothing else to help me pinpoint why.

I looked for ways to debug Firebug, but the only things I found were:

- Firebug Tracing Console: Apparently was in Firebug 1.6, but nowhere to be
found in Firebug 2.0.13

- Chromebug: You have to install the one matching the version of your
Firebug, but the last version I could find is 1.8

So far I have been able to find my own errors, but it'd be a lot easier with a
way to debug them! How do you guys debug Firebug?

Thanks.

--
http://yves.zioup.com
gpg: 4096R/32B0F416

Sebastian Zartner

Nov 27, 2015, 7:15:36 AM11/27/15
to Firebug
To debug your extension you can use the Browser Toolbox of the built-in Firefox DevTools.

(Note: the Firebug Tracing Console (aka FBTrace) is still available, now as separate tool here: https://github.com/firebug/tracing-console)

Sebastian