console.trace() gives no output

Jon Loldrup

Oct 13, 2015, 3:37:04 AM10/13/15
to Firebug
I can't make console.trace give any output. Am I using it wrongly?
I'm using Firefox 41.0.1 and Firebug 2.0.12

I've uploaded a test file to neocities so you can try it out. This is the content of the test file:

<!DOCTYPE html>
<head>
    <title></title>
</head>
    <script type="text/javascript">

        function myFun1 (p1) {
            var res = myFun2("there");
            return res;
        }

        function myFun2 (p2) {
            console.trace();
            return "hi there"
        }

        console.log("start");
        var res = myFun1("hi");
        console.log("res: ", res);
        console.log("end");

    </script>

Jon Loldrup

Oct 13, 2015, 5:43:29 PM10/13/15
to Firebug
Update: It works fine in Windows 7 (same versions of Firefox and Firebug).
Thus the problem only occurs on Ubuntu 14.04

Where should I file this bug?

Jan Honza Odvarko

Oct 14, 2015, 7:07:49 AM10/14/15
to Firebug

On Tuesday, October 13, 2015 at 11:43:29 PM UTC+2, Jon Loldrup wrote:
Update: It works fine in Windows 7 (same versions of Firefox and Firebug).
Thus the problem only occurs on Ubuntu 14.04

Where should I file this bug?
Here is the official issue list
https://github.com/firebug/firebug/issues

Honza

Florent Fayolle

Oct 14, 2015, 2:02:23 PM10/14/15
to Firebug
That should be fixed with issue #7948, integrated in version 2.0.13 that is being reviewed on AMO (will be released soon, hopefully).

Florent

Thomas Lauria

Oct 21, 2015, 7:53:00 AM10/21/15
to Firebug
Just for documentation: and under gentoo.
Calling console.trace in console it self, gives:

console.trace()
TypeError: href is null