Firebug 3 - Loading resources twice when loaded via selenium

Senthil

Apr 10, 2015, 10:00:02 AM4/10/15
to fir...@googlegroups.com
I started a selenium test which brings up Firefox 37 with Firebug 3 and loads the page "http://home.mcom.com/home/welcome.html" which has 1 html and 1 image.
The network panel was showing that these resources are loaded twice.

Then I tried running the test against Firefox 37 (WITHOUT firebug) and started the netpanel using the below code - the network panel showed the resources loading only once
        Actions builder = new Actions(driver);
        builder.keyDown(Keys.CONTROL).keyDown(Keys.SHIFT).sendKeys("I").keyUp(Keys.SHIFT).keyUp(Keys.CONTROL).build().perform();

I then ran the test against Firefox 37 and WITH firebug 2.0.9 - the network panel showed the resources loading only once

I then manually loaded the webpage with Firefox 37 and WITH firebug 3.0 alpha9 and the network panel showed the resources loading only once

The only time I had the resources load twice is when using Firebug 3.0 alpha 9 with FF37 and loaded via Selenium.
I'm not sure why this is happening - posting to the forum to see if anyone else if facing this.

Senthil

Apr 10, 2015, 10:23:18 AM4/10/15
to fir...@googlegroups.com
With FireBug 2.0.9, selenium works fine and Network panel by itself works fine too.
Only when Firebug 3 comes into picture, the resources are loaded twice.

I have attached a  Maven based Java-Selenium Project which loads the browser using FB3, FB2 + NetExport and without Extensions.
This can be used to reproduce the issue.

Thanks.
FBugJavaSeleniumProject.zip

Jan Honza Odvarko

Apr 15, 2015, 9:13:51 AM4/15/15