My Version of Firefox Refuses TO Install v3 Beta of Firebug

Tom P.

Nov 10, 2015, 3:30:28 AM11/10/15
to Firebug
I am using Mozilla Firefox Developer Edition, Portable, Version 44.0a2 for Windows (the newest version).

I installed the newest Firebug version 2, and it tells me that I need to install the v3 beta because v2 won't deal with the multiprocess e10's, whatever that means. So I clicked on the "upgrade and restart" button, it then informs me that it failed to get the update, and to try installing it manually from here:

https://getfirebug.com/releases/firebug/3.0/

I clicked on the beta version, and a popup informs me "Firefox Developer Edition prevented this site from asking you to install software on your computer.", and presents me with an ALLOW button. So I click on ALLOW, and a new popup informs me that "Firefox Developer Edition prevented this site from installing an unverified Add-On".

So how can I install this?

Tom P.

Nov 10, 2015, 4:03:48 AM11/10/15
to Firebug
I couldn't find my answer by searching for it, but I just stumbled across the answer when I went to Jan Honza Odvarko's "Firebug & DevTools Integration" article here:https://hacks.mozilla.org/2015/10/firebug-devtools-integration/

...Where he states, "Firebug 3 (aka Firebug.next) isn’t distributed through AMO yet, so you might need to set the xpinstall.signatures.required preference (through about:config) to false."

That worked for me.

Jan Honza Odvarko

Nov 10, 2015, 5:48:20 AM11/10/15
to Firebug
Yes, xpinstall.signatures.required needs to be set to false at the moment.

We'll be distributing Firebug 3 through AMO beta channel soon and it'll fix the problem
(since the xpi will be signed)

Honza