Saltar al primer mensaje no leído

Renan Gonçalves

no leída,
17 jun 2008, 21:08:5817/6/08
a Firebug
Hello,

I'm using 1.2.0b and Firefox 3.0.
When I try to execute a simply command (like alert('works')) this does
not work.

Thanks!

John J Barton

no leída,
18 jun 2008, 0:36:0418/6/08
a Firebug
'works' for me ;-)

I guess you put that string in to the command line on a page like this
one then hit enter? If not, what?

Renan Gonçalves

no leída,
18 jun 2008, 13:58:1818/6/08
a Firebug
Well...

I type on firebug command line and press run or ctrl+enter.
Like this: http://www.inovadigital.com/bugs/2008-06-18_1455.png

But nothing appers...
On Windows Vista it works, but dont work on Windows XP.

Using Firefox 3.0 and Firebug 1.2.0b3.

Details: Windows XP using Portuguese translating.

Thanks!

Tamoriel

no leída,
18 jun 2008, 17:09:0118/6/08
a Firebug
I have the same problem. Running the live FF3, and the console doesn't
work, period. JavaScript errors aren't even shown in the console.

Tamoriel

no leída,
18 jun 2008, 17:10:1918/6/08
a Firebug
Typing in alert(1); into the console results in:

commandLine.evaluate FAILS: [Exception... "Security Manager vetoed
action" nsresult: "0x80570027 (NS_ERROR_XPC_SECURITY_MANAGER_VETO)"
location: "JS frame :: chrome://firebug/content/commandLine.js ::
<TOP_LEVEL> :: line 100" data: no]

John J Barton

no leída,
18 jun 2008, 18:14:5418/6/08
a Firebug
Looks like Firebug 1.1...

Tamoriel

no leída,
19 jun 2008, 11:13:4819/6/08
a Firebug
Aye. I stepped back a version when the latest one (w/FF3) didn't
display any javascript errors in the console. The previous release had
some chrome errors in the FF3 release candidates, but seemed to work
after that. Now with the current version and the live release of FF3,
I get jack.

For example, if I throw into my code alert(abc);, and the variable abc
is not defined, FF doesn't execute any code below that, and yet I
don't see anything in the console. The console is enabled. If I enter
the same call (alert(abc);) into the console directly, then it
complains like it should: ReferenceError: abc is not defined.

The fact that it doesn't tell me about any errors... well... kinda
defeats the purpose, no?

John J Barton

no leída,
19 jun 2008, 12:12:0719/6/08
a Firebug
Are you using an en-US version for firebug? I think all of the
localized versions are suspect for 1.2b3.

Have you looked at Firebug->Console->Options?

sir_brizz

no leída,
19 jun 2008, 13:58:4519/6/08
a Firebug
I have this happen to me pretty often as well. I'm assuming it's
because Firefox is not actually reporting an error occurred.

Brizz

On Jun 19, 10:12 am, John J Barton <johnjbar...@johnjbarton.com>
wrote:

John J Barton

no leída,
19 jun 2008, 14:04:1519/6/08
a Firebug
Or another explanation could be that FF is reporting but my filter
drops it incorrectly. Any error reported to Firefox ErrorConsole
should appear in the firebug console (duplicates are removed however).
A test case to the bug list would be great.

sir_brizz

no leída,
19 jun 2008, 15:00:5819/6/08
a Firebug
I'll keep an eye on it and report if I see it again.

Brizz

On Jun 19, 12:04 pm, John J Barton <johnjbar...@johnjbarton.com>

PureForm

no leída,
19 jun 2008, 15:56:5219/6/08
a Firebug
I'm having issues with the console as well [the 'console is undefined'
error] ... as odd as it might seem, the console seems to be wiped out
of the DOM when I call GMap2.setCenter() [from the Google Maps API].

If I call console.log("sss"); before executing any other JS [including
GMap2.setCenter()], the console will work as expected.

I have no idea what the problem could be here, but I know it worked
without any problems in FF2 a couple days ago running the same JS.

There is also an error msg from chrome which might or might not be
related:
<code>onEventScriptCreated failed: [Exception... "Component returned
failure code: 0x80004005 (NS_ERROR_FAILURE)
[jsdIScript.isLineExecutable]" nsresult: "0x80004005
(NS_ERROR_FAILURE)" location: "JS frame :: chrome://firebug/content/lib.js
:: anonymous :: line 2890" data: no]</code>

Also, the console within the Firebug interface only seems to print
what I throw at it, and not evaluate it. So if I type in 1+1, it will
return "1+1" instead of 2.

BTW, thanks for your time spent creating this tool ... you and your
team have done something really great :-)

OS: XP Pro, SP3

John J Barton

no leída,
19 jun 2008, 16:21:4019/6/08
a Firebug

On Jun 19, 12:56 pm, PureForm <pureformsoluti...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm having issues with the console as well [the 'console is undefined'
> error] ... as odd as it might seem, the console seems to be wiped out
> of the DOM when I call GMap2.setCenter() [from the Google Maps API].

Please attach an test case to the issues list.

> If I call console.log("sss"); before executing any other JS [including
> GMap2.setCenter()], the console will work as expected.
>
> I have no idea what the problem could be here, but I know it worked
> without any problems in FF2 a couple days ago running the same JS.
>
> There is also an error msg from chrome which might or might not be
> related:
> <code>onEventScriptCreated failed: [Exception... "Component returned
> failure code: 0x80004005 (NS_ERROR_FAILURE)
> [jsdIScript.isLineExecutable]"  nsresult: "0x80004005
> (NS_ERROR_FAILURE)"  location: "JS frame :: chrome://firebug/content/lib.js
> :: anonymous :: line 2890"  data: no]</code>
>
> Also, the console within the Firebug interface only seems to print
> what I throw at it, and not evaluate it. So if I type in 1+1, it will
> return "1+1" instead of 2.

Works for me. So we need a test case....

> BTW, thanks for your time spent creating this tool ... you and your
> team have done something really great :-)
>
> OS: XP Pro, SP3

Firebug is OS independent. What matters is the Firebug and Firefox
versions.

PureForm

no leída,
19 jun 2008, 17:12:5719/6/08
a Firebug

On Jun 19, 1:21 pm, John J Barton <johnjbar...@johnjbarton.com> wrote:
> On Jun 19, 12:56 pm, PureForm <pureformsoluti...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > I'm having issues with the console as well [the 'console is undefined'
> > error] ... as odd as it might seem, the console seems to be wiped out
> > of the DOM when I call GMap2.setCenter() [from the Google Maps API].
>
> Please attach an test case to the issues list.
How do I go about doing this? I looked around and didn't find an

John J Barton

no leída,
19 jun 2008, 17:31:0419/6/08
a Firebug

Tamoriel

no leída,
19 jun 2008, 20:46:1419/6/08
a Firebug
Yup, I'm using the en-US version.

I've looked at the options. Both warnings and errors for javascript
are checked.

On Jun 19, 11:12 am, John J Barton <johnjbar...@johnjbarton.com>
wrote:

chris burgess

no leída,
19 jun 2008, 22:00:4919/6/08
a Firebug
This happened for me as well (FireBug 1.2.0b3). I had just installed
FB and then enabled it (console, script only) for groups.google.com
(while viewing this thread). FireBug's command line did not work;
entering "1+1" or "1+1;" would echo the entry as a string to the
console; entering "alert('x');" would likewise echo the same string to
the console.

However, when I then tested the same thing on a second site, it worked
fine.

Perhaps it affects only the first site where FB is enabled? I now find
that FB works in this thread for me. Great! Back to work ;)

Klaus Hartl

no leída,
20 jun 2008, 6:23:3720/6/08
a Firebug
I can confirm this bug. As long as you once call console.log before
map.setCenter it'll work fine later on, otherwise not.

--Klaus

Guy

no leída,
20 jun 2008, 6:46:2620/6/08
a Firebug
I having the same problem of Firebug not responding.

I'm running a GWT application (I'm using the latest gwt-windows-1.4.62
version). The console messages stopped showing when I moved to Firefox
3 and Firebug 1.2.0b2.

I'm getting the message "listener is undefined", when running as the
first statement of my program:

Firebug.debug("Starting module");

which is using the JSNI:

public static void debug (String st) {
if (debug) logDebug2(st);
}

private static native void logDebug2 (String st)/*-{
if (typeof console != "undefined") console.debug (st);
}-*/;

debug is set to true, of course.

No message is written to the Firebug console any more.

John J Barton

no leída,
20 jun 2008, 11:30:0120/6/08
a Firebug
I still don't have a bug report with a test case for this problem

ChrisR

no leída,
25 jun 2008, 5:10:0025/6/08
a Firebug
Had the same issue, disabling Yslow solved it for now, but these are
only early observation, not tested very well.

Chris

John J Barton

no leída,
25 jun 2008, 11:40:1325/6/08
a Firebug
I talked to Stoyan yesterday and there is a new version of YSlow out,
as of June 17:
http://developer.yahoo.net/blog/archives/performance/

Dan Conner

no leída,
6 ago 2008, 16:37:306/8/08
a Firebug
http://code.google.com/p/fbug/issues/detail?id=1050

On Jun 20, 10:30 am, John J Barton <johnjbar...@johnjbarton.com>
wrote:
> I still don't have a bug report with a test case for this problem
>
> On Jun 20, 3:23 am, Klaus Hartl <klaus.ha...@googlemail.com> wrote:
>
> > I can confirm this bug. As long as you once call console.log before
> > map.setCenterit'll work fine later on, otherwise not.

John J Barton

no leída,
6 ago 2008, 17:17:296/8/08
a Firebug
Why did you report that to Firebug rather than Google? I mean Firebug
is powerful and all that, but we can't fix bugs in other people's
code ;-)

Dan Conner

no leída,
7 ago 2008, 9:21:237/8/08
a Firebug
It's a valid question, I should probably report it there too, or
instead.

#1, because I read your previous comment as asking for a bug report.
#2, the console.log call works fine when using Firefox 2 and Firebug
1.05 (and also still works in Safari 3). If console was undefined
after setCenter in all Firebug versions, and all browser versions, I
would be more confident it was directly a Google Maps API bug. With
the differences, I'm not so sure.

Dan Conner

no leída,
7 ago 2008, 9:25:297/8/08
a Firebug
And let me add that my first assumption was that Google's code was
stomping on console in ways it shouldn't, but was confused when it
didn't in previous versions of Firebug.

robcos

no leída,
15 ago 2008, 7:16:2515/8/08
a Firebug
I can confirm that the console is not working "always". The code is
just not executed
I cannot reproduce it but in some circumstances, typing
"alert('test')" in the console does not show any alert.
Running the same command in an other tab, on an other site, makes the
alert to show up
/roberto

mavrick

no leída,
25 ago 2008, 22:12:3125/8/08
a Firebug
I downloaded the latest version of firebug only for console.log to not
work anymore. console.log is not defined, even console was not defined
and I am not using google maps anywhere. I had to download 1.05 again
so I can get console to work on FF2.

On Aug 7, 11:21 pm, Dan Conner <danofa...@gmail.com> wrote:
> It's a valid question, I should probably report it there too, or
> instead.
>
> #1, because I read your previous comment as asking for a bug report.
> #2, theconsole.log call works fine when using Firefox 2 and Firebug
> 1.05 (and also still works in Safari 3). Ifconsolewas undefined
> after setCenter in all Firebug versions, and all browser versions, I
> would be more confident it was directly a Google Maps API bug. With
> the differences, I'm not so sure.
>
> On Aug 6, 4:17 pm, John J Barton <johnjbar...@johnjbarton.com> wrote:
>
> > Why did you report that to Firebug rather than Google? I mean Firebug
> > is powerful and all that, but we can't fix bugs in other people's
> > code ;-)
>
> > On Aug 6, 1:37 pm, Dan Conner <danofa...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > >http://code.google.com/p/fbug/issues/detail?id=1050

John J Barton

no leída,
25 ago 2008, 22:29:4025/8/08
a Firebug
The implementation of the console in 1.2 is completely different from
1.0/1.1.

John J Barton

no leída,
25 ago 2008, 22:31:4825/8/08
a Firebug
Typing in the command line should work, even if the console may not
work in some exotic cases. Please open a bug report for the sites that
do not work:
http://code.google.com/p/fbug/issues/list

John J Barton

no leída,
25 ago 2008, 22:32:2925/8/08
a Firebug
In FF2 you have to do this:
window.loadFirebugConsole();
console.log(...).

Mavrick Master

no leída,
25 ago 2008, 23:48:2325/8/08
a fir...@googlegroups.com
Thanks John. Will give it a go.

Shane

no leída,
27 ago 2008, 21:58:4427/8/08
a Firebug
Just a note:

Calling loadFirebugConsole(); in the onLoad() ( or $(function(){});
for jQuery users ) does work as a temporary workaround. I was trying
to call loadFirebugConsole() from the console and not having any luck.
Seems obvious now, but thought it might help someone...

On Aug 25, 7:48 pm, "Mavrick Master" <mavrick.mas...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks John. Will give it a go.
>
> On Tue, Aug 26, 2008 at 12:32 PM, John J Barton <johnjbar...@johnjbarton.com
Responder a todos