Firebug pops up shortly on each new tab after once used

Frank Röhm

Jul 19, 2015, 5:08:53 PM7/19/15
to fir...@googlegroups.com
Hello

since a while I have a liitle annoying in firebug: when I once use it and close it again, after this, each time I open a new tab, firebug pops up shortly and disappears again as if firebug noticed that it should not open.
I have Firebug 2.0.11 on Windows 8.1 and Mac OS 10.10.4, happens on both.
After restart Firebug the spooky thing is gone.
It is not surely reproducable, only sometimes it happens.

Is this normal behaviour or maybe missetting on my add-ons?

Thank

frank

Sebastian Zartner

Jul 20, 2015, 3:41:04 AM7/20/15
to fir...@googlegroups.com
You may want to reset Firebug's activation by right-clicking the Firebug icon and choosing Clear Activation List from the context menu and then confirming the reset. This should hopefully fix this issue.

Sebastian

Frank Röhm

Aug 5, 2015, 9:46:59 AM8/5/15
to Firebug
Am Montag, 20. Juli 2015 09:41:04 UTC+2 schrieb Sebastian Zartner:
You may want to reset Firebug's activation by right-clicking the Firebug icon and choosing Clear Activation List from the context menu and then confirming the reset.

First impression: seems to work. Thank's
In German it is the context menu item:

Aktivitätsliste leeren

Never saw this menu. Possible to make this permanent? A bit unhandy this is I think.

Sebastian Zartner

Aug 6, 2015, 8:39:18 AM8/6/15
to Firebug
On Wednesday, August 5, 2015 at 3:46:59 PM UTC+2, Frank Röhm wrote:
Am Montag, 20. Juli 2015 09:41:04 UTC+2 schrieb Sebastian Zartner:
You may want to reset Firebug's activation by right-clicking the Firebug icon and choosing Clear Activation List from the context menu and then confirming the reset.

First impression: seems to work. Thank's

Good!

In German it is the context menu item:

Aktivitätsliste leeren

Right.

Never saw this menu. Possible to make this permanent? A bit unhandy this is I think.

As far as I know there is currently no such option. Though with Firebug 3 this will be obsolete anyway, because version 3 will integrate into the DevTools, which have a tab-based activation model and not the domain-based activation model of Firebug 2.

Sebastian