Firebugs autocompletion in editor mode is not working properly

AndiD

Sep 26, 2016, 3:25:56 AM9/26/16
to Firebug

Somehow it swallowed my input before I was done.
So I try again.
Autocompletion in editor mode:

win  Tab -> window

window.scr  Tab -> it offers many things in a kind of combo box.
It also offers screen but there is no way to pick any of the offered choices it seems. Instead it goes up into the contents window and does all sorts of unwanted things.

Any idea how to make autocompletion work properly in editor mode?

One line completion works fine.

Thank you

Andi

Sebastian Zartner

Sep 26, 2016, 5:45:39 PM9/26/16
to Firebug
Hi Andi,

I guess with "editor mode" you mean the Command Editor.

On Monday, September 26, 2016 at 9:25:56 AM UTC+2, AndiD wrote:

Somehow it swallowed my input before I was done.
So I try again.
Autocompletion in editor mode:

win  Tab -> window

window.scr  Tab -> it offers many things in a kind of combo box.
It also offers screen but there is no way to pick any of the offered choices it seems.

I can change the selection using the Up and Down keys and accept the suggestions by pressing Tab or Enter using Firefox 49.0.1 + Firebug 2.0.17 on Windows 10. What's your configuration?

Instead it goes up into the contents window and does all sorts of unwanted things.

Can you please explain that in more detail?

Sebastian