CONNECT Method shows up as GET

Paul Vilarino

Jan 12, 2016, 3:06:35 PM1/12/16
to Firebug
I'm relatively new to firebug, so apologies if this is a no brainier, I've searched google but can't see any similar questions
when setting up the browser to point to a proxy and then going to a https site I see that firebug shows the method as a GET where us if I take a packet trace I see the method is a CONNECT

what's going on here?

alfonsoml

Jan 13, 2016, 11:42:12 AM1/13/16
to Firebug
They are different things.

The CONNECT is about setting up the HTTPS connection and firebug shows the HTTP method used to request the data itself to the server (inside the encrypted connection, so you wont' see it with a proxy)

Paul Vilarino

Jan 13, 2016, 2:07:16 PM1/13/16
to Firebug
Hi

I appreciate they are two different things, which is why I'm surprised that a pcap only shows the CONNECT method yet firebug shows a GET