Permission denied to get property Proxy.InstallTrigger -- on wrong page?

Scott M. Sanders

Nov 17, 2011, 10:33:05 AM11/17/11
to fir...@googlegroups.com
I have Firebug 1.9.0b1 up on an HTML page I downloaded. (It's from a site I made so am debugging.) I also have some other sites up in other tabs and sometimes click Facebook like buttons, login with Twitter, etc.

Why do the following errors appear in the Firebug console on the downloaded HTML page, when Firebug is not enabled on the other sites? It's confusing as they look like they're from the downloaded HTML page, but they're not...

uncaught exception: Error: Permission denied for <http://www.facebook.com> to get property Proxy.InstallTrigger
uncaught exception: Error: Permission denied for <http://platform.twitter.com> to get property Proxy.InstallTrigger

Sebo

Nov 18, 2011, 5:16:22 AM11/18/11
to fir...@googlegroups.com
What exactly does somebody have to do to see these errors?

Why do the following errors appear in the Firebug console on the downloaded HTML page, when Firebug is not enabled on the other sites? It's confusing as they look like they're from the downloaded HTML page, but they're not...
So the downloaded page does not include a Like button or the twitter widget?

I have Firebug 1.9.0b1 up on an HTML page I downloaded. (It's from a site I made so am debugging.)
Do you mean you open the file from the file system?

Sebastian

JamesBoag

Nov 18, 2011, 6:11:05 AM11/18/11
to Firebug
machine) I get these
errors to , First noticed these errors once i upgraded to firefox 8
and firebug 1.8.4
as soon as i open the main page the error is in firebug. Any idea's
quite worring
as i can see no link to Facebook, in my code and have never used it on
this machine !

cl

Nov 18, 2011, 5:17:16 AM11/18/11
to Firebug
Got the same error with Firebug 1.8.4 on Firefox 8 on Ubuntu 10.04
(via firefox-stable ppa). The message says "uncaught exception: Error:
Permission denied for <http://warschau.europa.ariva.de:881> to get
property Proxy.InstallTrigger".
I am a Web Developer and "warschau" is the name of my pc. I'm testing
my site locally.

On Nov 17, 4:33 pm, "Scott M. Sanders" <ssand...@bookmasters.com>

Jan Honza Odvarko

Nov 18, 2011, 8:47:38 AM11/18/11
to fir...@googlegroups.com
Please, provide a test case that can be used tosee the problem on our machines.
Otherwise I don't know how to fix it.

Honza

Scott M Sanders

Nov 18, 2011, 9:51:04 AM11/18/11
to fir...@googlegroups.com
- Open a local HTML file in Firefox.
- Enable Firebug on this page if not already.
- In a new tab, go to a site that uses a Facebook or Twitter login. I
just used CNET Tracker.
- Do not use Firebug on this site. (I'm not sure if this is necessary?)
- Login to the site with Facebook or Twitter.

Jan Honza Odvarko

Nov 18, 2011, 10:36:37 AM11/18/11
to fir...@googlegroups.com
Thanks!

I can also reproduce it now, reported here:
http://code.google.com/p/fbug/issues/detail?id=4991

Honza

Brad McClare

Dec 16, 2011, 3:11:00 PM12/16/11
to Firebug
I wonder if this is related to the Illuminations for Developers
extension.
- Turn off this extension, do the errors go away?
Also try:
- enable the extension
- clear your cache
- go to whichever test page you're dealing with
- open your cache in a new tab: about:cache?device=disk
- do you see entries like this:
http://platform.twitter.com/widgets/tweet_button.html?count=none&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.illuminations-for-developers.com%2F&via=illuminations4d&related=sroussey&text=%23Illuminations%20for%20%23Firebug%20is%20awesome!%20Give%20it%20a%20try!

"Illuminations for Firebug is awesome! Give it a try!"
What is going on here? It the extension attempting to tweet on my
behalf? :/

Sebo

Dec 19, 2011, 1:51:07 AM12/19/11
to fir...@googlegroups.com, srou...@gmail.com

What is going on here? It the extension attempting to tweet on my
behalf? :/

It just fetches the Tweet button. But Steven (the author of Illuminations) can surely tell you more.

Do you actually see the "Permission denied to get property Proxy.InstallTrigger" problem? It should be fixed since beta 2 of 1.9. So did you already give Firebug 1.9.0b4 a try?

Sebastian

Grey Wolf

Dec 19, 2011, 6:05:42 AM12/19/11
to fir...@googlegroups.com
I was receiving a steady stream of these messages about Facebook and was baffled as the site I was developing had no facebook extensions, I thought Firebug was picking up on the open Facebook tab I had open in my browser, recently I noticed a similar message about twitter, knowing I did not have twitter open or the api on my site I decided to check. I viewed the source of the page that was generating the error and found 1 reference to google, removing this has quietened Firebug. The culprit for seems to be the lines:
<!--[if lt IE 9]>
<script src="http://html5shiv.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/html5.js"></script>
<![endif]-->

this is a reference added by Dreamweaver to a webpage using the HTML5: 2/3 column fixed templates.

Brad McClare

Dec 19, 2011, 8:07:26 AM12/19/11
to Firebug
Sorry, yes, the latest firebug has no issue. I didn't realize I was so
out of date.
Thanks

> did you already give Firebug 1.9.0b4<https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/downloads/file/139328/firebug-1.9....>a try?
>
> Sebastian

Sebo

Dec 19, 2011, 9:54:36 AM12/19/11
to fir...@googlegroups.com
We didn't release the final 1.9 yet, so you were not really out of date. Good to know, that the error is gone now. Thanks for the feedback.

Sebastian