Firebug 1.9b2

Jan Honza Odvarko

Nov 25, 2011, 12:51:17 PM11/25/11
to fir...@googlegroups.com

Aldi

Nov 28, 2011, 12:48:09 AM11/28/11
to fir...@googlegroups.com
Tried Firebug 1.9b2. Seems more of a memory hog and crashes my Firefox more often. The previous one I think is better.

Sebo

Nov 28, 2011, 5:44:43 PM11/28/11
to fir...@googlegroups.com
Tried Firebug 1.9b2. Seems more of a memory hog and crashes my Firefox more often. The previous one I think is better.
Is there anything specific you do in Firebug, that lets the memory consumption increase?
What exactly do you mean by "crashes my Firefox"? Does it hang/freeze or do you see the Crash Reporter? For the latter we advise you to report this to Mozilla, because Firefox crashes are always a concern of the platform, not of the extensions. If it hangs, please give us a step by step description what you do, so we can reproduce what you see. To do so you might want to read our wiki article about what to do first.

Thanks.

Sebastian

Aldi

Nov 28, 2011, 7:38:56 PM11/28/11
to Firebug

> Is there anything specific you do in Firebug, that lets the memory
> consumption increase?
> What exactly do you mean by "crashes my Firefox"? Does it hang/freeze or do
> you see the Crash Reporter<http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/Mozilla%20Crash%20Reporter>?

> For the latter we advise you to report this to Mozilla, because Firefox
> crashes are always a concern of the platform, not of the extensions. If it
> hangs, please give us a step by step description<http://getfirebug.com/wiki/index.php/Creating_a_Test_Case>what you do, so we can reproduce what you see. To do so you might want to
> read our wiki article about what to do<http://getfirebug.com/wiki/index.php/I_found_a_Firebug_Bug%21>first.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Sebastian

Actually, I didn't even do anything. I had 2 windows open, with about
30 tabs total. And I was just leaving it idle for a few hours and the
RAM usage (specifically the 'VM Size') just kept increasing until it
just couldn't take it anymore and crashed, showing the Crash Reporter.
The funny thing is that I wasn't even running Firebug. Prior to
upgrading Firebug to 1.9b2 the memory seems to be stable despite my
hours of being idle.

I have two profiles for Firefox. Both have Firebug, but the other one
is 1.8.3. I had both running at the same time. The one with the older
version of Firebug seems to have a more stable memory usage. I had
assumed the problem came from firebug.

Christian Kirsch

Nov 29, 2011, 3:03:25 AM11/29/11
to fir...@googlegroups.com
None of the tabs except "Console" work here (FF 7.01). I can't inspect HTML, CSS, Script, DOM or Network any longer. Console shows errors and XHR, but when I click on one of the tabs, the display doesn't change - it still shows the console content.

Jan Honza Odvarko

Nov 29, 2011, 3:36:32 AM11/29/11
to fir...@googlegroups.com
> None of the tabs except "Console" work here (FF 7.01). I can't inspect HTML, CSS, Script, DOM or Network any longer.
> Console shows errors and XHR, but when I click on one of the tabs, the display doesn't change - it still shows the
> console content.
Please try following:

1) install Firebug in a new Firefox profile. Does it help?
2) open Firefox Error Console, do you see any errors?
3) You can also install Firebug Tracing Console (FBTrace) to see further detailed logs
http://getfirebug.com/releases/fbtrace/1.9/fbTrace-1.9b2.xpi

Check the ERRORS option in the Options tab to see errors.

Honza

al_shopov

Nov 29, 2011, 4:39:46 AM11/29/11
to fir...@googlegroups.com

Jan Honza Odvarko

Nov 29, 2011, 4:48:40 AM11/29/11
to fir...@googlegroups.com

I have updated the post (can take some time to go through caches)

Thanks for noticing!
Honza