Firefox debugger suddenly ignores breakpoints and doesn't track watch expressions

michael...@gmail.com

Jul 8, 2015, 4:23:34 PM7/8/15
to fir...@googlegroups.com
Today the firefox debugger suddenly stopped working. I have the latest version of FF and have not upgraded. I did not add any extensions that may have caused the break.

When I launch the debugger, the watch expression pane is closed. Previously, when it was working it would launch with this pane open.

If I set a breakpoint, it is ignored. If I add a watch expression, they are not added to the variable display. Previously, this would be populated with all of the global script variables initially.

I have tried rebooting, restarting, clearing the cache, installing a fresh copy and creating a new profile. Nothing has worked, and I don't know how to provide a test case because it happened spontaneously.

Christian Tölle

Jul 25, 2015, 8:40:56 AM7/25/15
to Firebug, michael...@gmail.com
i've encountered the same problem! Version is ff 39.
Also when it accurs, and i reload the page, the browser hangs and i must restart it..

please do something.. it terrible, to not know i've you code something wrong and for that the breakpoint isn't hit, or if its simply ignored by the debugger...

Ghiamar

Aug 1, 2015, 2:09:53 AM8/1/15
to Firebug, michael...@gmail.com, stib...@web.de
Hi!, the same is for me!. I'm using FF 39 on Ubuntu 14.04 upgraded and FB 2.0.11

The issue happens in a brand new Joomla 3.0.4 site with VirtueMart installed. I'm trying to debug an inline jQuery JS block that I was able to debug as usual in the past, but since two weeks, I cant debug it anymore! (I mean, it's the very same JS block that I was able to debug since months!)

If I try to debug a line in the inline JS view (the option that let's you check the inline javascript mixed with the HTML code of the page) I can't set the JavaScript breakpoints to the desired line, even if that line number is highlighted green. IE: If I set breakpoint on line 57 it gets the breakpoint on line 230!!!

You can check it in this page https://it.mgscreativa.com.ar/j3vm3/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=cart&task=edit_shipment&Itemid=171

As far as I can tell, the JS code in the page is looking good, but I still can't get the breakpoint in the desired line!

Thanks in advise!

Tanner Edwards

Aug 1, 2015, 2:09:53 AM8/1/15
to Firebug, michael...@gmail.com
I've noticed the same thing, but only on inline javascript.  If my javascript is in its own .js file then breakpoints work just fine, but if it is inside a script tag, and multiple inline script tags occur on the page, then the breakpoint will default to the last inline script tag on the page.

Ghiamar

Aug 1, 2015, 8:42:09 AM8/1/15
to Firebug, michael...@gmail.com
Yep, the same to me, I try to set a breakpoint in some correct JS inline line, but allways get set at the very last inline JS line!

It doesn't happens in latest Chrome. Tested in same website mentiones above...