How to "catch" the dragged item?

БлагоѨръ Тишина̀

Jan 9, 2016, 4:24:24 PM1/9/16
to Firebug
How to "catch" the dragged item (if it is possible? Is tr, in which different contents while dragging tr on the spot appears white and transparent background. It is necessary to change it (white&transparent). It is possible to trace it with FireBug?

Sebastian Zartner

Jan 10, 2016, 12:48:35 PM1/10/16
to Firebug
From your description I assume you want to style the dragged element during the dragging action. As far as I know there is unfortunately no standard way to do this at the moment, e.g. via a pseudo-class or pseudo-element. See the following links related to this topic:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/11169554/how-to-style-dragged-element
https://www.quora.com/What-is-the-CSS-pseudo-class-for-dragging-on-an-SVG-element?share=1

Firefox lets you adjust the cursor via DataTransfer.mozCursor, but that's all.
A quick search in the W3C CSS Working Group mailing list archives also didn't give any results, so maybe you should suggest it there.

Sebastian