Measure and save network performance.

Andrew Goudey

Apr 13, 2015, 1:21:45 AM4/13/15
to fir...@googlegroups.com
Hello.   I am working with a web based version of WordPress.  The call and response times for any action in WordPress, are slow.  My service provider and website host are willing to do what they can.  How can I, as a none techie find a simple way to monitor and save and export the network analytics for WordPress?

Sebastian Zartner

Apr 29, 2015, 5:14:55 PM4/29/15
to fir...@googlegroups.com
You can use Firebug in combination with the extension NetExport.
When NetExport is installed, open Firebug (via F12), switch to the Net panel and activate it via its options menu. Then reload the page. You'll see several network requests listed. To save the data behind those requests (as HAR file) click Export > Save as... This file will automatically be uploaded to http://www.softwareishard.com/har/viewer/ and displayed there. You can then send that HAR file to your service provider and tell them that they can display that file on the HAR viewer page mentioned before.

Hope that helps.

Sebastian