How to remove fbLocationList from Firebug extension

Syed Adnan Kamili

Feb 17, 2014, 5:49:39 AM2/17/14
to fir...@googlegroups.com
I am modifying firepath a firebug extension, my work is almost done, but I couldn't find any way to remove fbLocationList - the first combo box with searchable text box. I searched through all the files but it was neither enabled anywhere nor disabled. I tried this:

chrome.$("fbLocationList").disabled = true;   // But it disables it across all the panels

chrome
.$("fbLocationList").style.display = 'none'; // it hides it but if I click script panel and then my extension panel the right sidebar of scripts panel containing stack etc. also remains

Sebastian Zartner

Feb 17, 2014, 8:41:03 AM2/17/14
to fir...@googlegroups.com
The fbLocationButtons element, which contains the fbLocationList element is collapsed by default and just displayed in case the panel has a location defined. So I assume you just need to remove the logic adding the location property to the panel, if you don't want to have the Location Menu displayed at all..

Btw. what's the reason you modify the FirePath code? And why don't you do it within the FirePath repository? Is your code available online somewhere?

Sebastian

Syed Adnan Kamili

Feb 18, 2014, 1:06:26 AM2/18/14
to fir...@googlegroups.com
Thanks, "location" was the main thing. I  needed to get the xpath generated from firepath and pass it to my page javascript for automation purpose. It won't be distributed publicly and only used by my company internally for a specific project as this extension is useless without the page javascript functions it invokes.

Thanks for your help!