Firebug icon(2.0.15) not appearing in Firefox 35.0

vishal shetty

Mar 25, 2016, 2:20:18 AM3/25/16
to Firebug

   Hi guys,

      I was using Firefox 31 version with Firebug installed and everything was working fine till yesterday. Today, I see the firbug icon has disappearded from my Firefox browser but  I see it installed under Addons>Extensions.  tried reinstalling Firebug and Firefox 31 but it didnot work.

      So I upgraded the browser to firefox 35 version and reinsalled Firebug 2.0.15 but I still face the same issue. the firebug icon doesnot show in the browser.
      This is blocking my testing on selenium. Suggestions to fix this would be highly appreciated.

   Thanks,
   Vishal

Jan Honza Odvarko

Mar 25, 2016, 2:31:35 AM3/25/16
to Firebug
I don't see the problem on my machine. Please install Firebug in clean fresh Firefox profile and let us know if it helps.
https://getfirebug.com/wiki/index.php/Install_Firebug_into_a_clean_profile

Honza

Дмитрий Асеев

Mar 25, 2016, 8:36:40 AM3/25/16
to Firebug
Problem still exist even in clean profile (FF 35)

Jan Honza Odvarko

Mar 25, 2016, 8:41:16 AM3/25/16
to Firebug
Ok, I know what the problem is, please follow
https://github.com/firebug/firebug/issues/8004

I'll attach a test build and I'll need someone to verify it.

Honza

Sebastian Zartner

Mar 25, 2016, 10:30:19 AM3/25/16
to Firebug
Vishal, you are using an outdated version of Firefox. I suggest you install the latest one, which is currently 45.0.1.

Sebastian

Jan Honza Odvarko

Mar 25, 2016, 10:34:44 AM3/25/16
to Firebug
I uploaded Firebug test build that should fix the problem for Firefox 30/35

See this bug report (there is xpi download link):
https://github.com/firebug/firebug/issues/8004#issuecomment-201313753

Can anyone verify that it works now?

Thanks,
Honza

ramya k

Mar 29, 2016, 8:13:58 AM3/29/16
to Firebug
Hi Honza,

      I am using Firefox 37 version with Firebug installed and everything was working fine till this afternoon. After deleting all cookies and cache I couldn't see firebug icon in my Firefox browser but I can see it installed under Add-ons>Extensions. I have tried reinstalling Firebug 2.0.15 on Firefox 37 but it didn't work.
This is blocking my testing on selenium. Could you please fix this?

Regards,
Ramya

Jan Honza Odvarko

Mar 29, 2016, 8:20:12 AM3/29/16
to Firebug
On Tuesday, March 29, 2016 at 2:13:58 PM UTC+2, ramya k wrote:
Hi Honza,

      I am using Firefox 37 version with Firebug installed and everything was working fine till this afternoon. After deleting all cookies and cache I couldn't see firebug icon in my Firefox browser but I can see it installed under Add-ons>Extensions. I have tried reinstalling Firebug 2.0.15 on Firefox 37 but it didn't work.
This is blocking my testing on selenium. Could you please fix this?
Can you try Firebug test build (xpi) attached to the following issue report?
(it contains a patch that should solve the problem)