What is "Show chrome sources"?

Steven Roussey

Jan 8, 2010, 5:58:23 PM1/8/10
to Firebug
What is "Show chrome sources"? I don't seem to see any difference with
the option on or off.

John J Barton

Jan 8, 2010, 7:57:08 PM1/8/10
to Firebug
Looks like it bypasses the script panel filter and allows chrome:
files. But I think the chrome files are removed before the filtering
now. We should delete this option.

There are multiple different kinds of filters because of the byzantine
'jsd' core for Javascript debugging. Each web page has a 'jsContext'
but then all of the js is mixed up in the jsd layer. I think it may be
because jsd was design before netscape had more than one web page per
window. Anyway Firebug tries to sort them out again. I've tried a lot
of different schemes.

1.5 is the first version that uses jsdIFilters, I am hoping this
improves performance.

jjb

Steven Roussey

Jan 10, 2010, 4:16:39 PM1/10/10
to Firebug
If it no longer does anything, then maybe we should indeed get rid of
it. ;)

It it possible to have tooltips for menu items? I think it could be a
great help for some of firebug's options that are turned on or off via
menus. Perhaps as soon as 1.5.1.

-steve--

Honza (Jan Odvarko)

Jan 11, 2010, 7:14:25 AM1/11/10
to Firebug
> It it possible to have tooltips for menu items? I think it could be a
> great help for some of firebug's options that are turned on or off via
> menus. Perhaps as soon as 1.5.1.
Yes, it's possible (there is a tooltiptext and a tooltip XUL attribute
for this)

Simple example:

<menuitem id="fcExportAll"
label="Export All Cookies"
tooltiptext="firecookie.export.Export_All_Cookies_Tooltip"
command="cmd_cookieExportAll"/>

I like the idea. It's not obtrusive when just using the menu-items
(try Firecookie).

Honza

Steven Roussey

Jan 17, 2010, 12:36:30 PM1/17/10
to Firebug
Found an issue related, putting a link here for reference:
http://code.google.com/p/fbug/issues/detail?id=851
Message has been deleted

ibrahim dauda

Oct 18, 2017, 8:55:20 AM10/18/17