Seeing Status "Aborted" Size "0b" but data was transferred

Stephan Hradek

Apr 2, 2014, 6:44:07 AM4/2/14
to fir...@googlegroups.com
I know this is a BAD report. As the application I'm writing is properly working and FireFox is displaying the page properly, this is merely an annoyance in FireBug's display and maybe others already noticed this behaviour and it might be normal? I couldn't find something similar yet.

> What is the expected result? What do you see instead?
I'm seeing for 2 CSS files I load from my Dancer-based application in FireBug's Net console the status "Aborted" and the transferred size of 0 bytes. Neverheless any change I put into the CSS is loaded, so 0b and "Aborted" can't possibly be true.

Firebug version (number): 1.12.7
Browser version: 28.0
Operating system: Windows 7 Home Premium

Jan Honza Odvarko

Apr 2, 2014, 8:49:29 AM4/2/14
to fir...@googlegroups.com
Any chance we could try (load) your page on our machines?

Note that we are concentrating on fixing bugs in Firebug 2,
can you try it and let us know if this version is fixed?

Firebug 2 announcement is here:
https://blog.getfirebug.com/2014/03/26/firebug-2-0-alpha-1/

And you can install from:
https://getfirebug.com/releases/firebug/2.0/firebug-2.0a1.xpi

Honza

Stephan Hradek

Apr 2, 2014, 1:08:10 PM4/2/14
to fir...@googlegroups.com

Am Mittwoch, 2. April 2014 14:49:29 UTC+2 schrieb Jan Honza Odvarko:
Any chance we could try (load) your page on our machines?

Unfortunately no I fear as it's work for a customer. Additionally I do not own a server where I could host it.

Note that we are concentrating on fixing bugs in Firebug 2,
can you try it and let us know if this version is fixed?

Sure! Will do so.

Thanks a lot.

Stephan Hradek

Apr 2, 2014, 1:12:55 PM4/2/14
to fir...@googlegroups.com
Ups :( Can't test as I do not have FireFox 30 or 31 but just 28. I'm "locked" to portable FireFox which is only available in V28.

Sebastian Zartner

Apr 2, 2014, 4:20:53 PM4/2/14
to fir...@googlegroups.com
If you require the portable version of Firefox, here are versions up to 31 for download:

http://portableapps.com/apps/internet/firefox_portable/test

Sebastian

Fin6

Apr 14, 2014, 3:18:58 AM4/14/14
to fir...@googlegroups.com
Am Mittwoch, 2. April 2014 12:44:07 UTC+2 schrieb Stephan Hradek:
I know this is a BAD report. As the application I'm writing is properly working and FireFox is displaying the page properly, this is merely an annoyance in FireBug's display and maybe others already noticed this behaviour and it might be normal? I couldn't find something similar yet.

Hey guys,

I am seeing this for some time now and just found out that it's an incompability with the FoxyProxy extension.
I tested this with the combinations Firefox 28 /  Firebug 1.12.8 / FoxyProxy Standard 4.2.4  and  Firefox 30.0a2 / Firebug 2.0b1 / FoxyProxy Standard 4.2.4
In both cases the Firebug output is fine without FoxyProxy and cluttered with red "Aborted, 0 bytes" messages with FoxyProxy enabled.

Since I can't really work without either FoxyProxy nor Firebug I would be glad if anyone would find out how to get those two work together.