How do I stop Firebug from auto opening?

D.Stall

Jan 12, 2011, 2:16:48 PM1/12/11
to Firebug
I'm using Firebug 1.6.1 with Firefox 3.6.13 on Mac OS 10.4.11,
and it sometimes opens automatically when browsing.

I notice this consistently on Facebook.

When Firebug automatically opens to report an error,
then the page scrollbar won't work and the page tab has to be
deleted.

What is causing Firebug to open on its own?

Why doesn't Firebug only open from the browser menu when I want it
open?

Honza (Jan Odvarko)

Jan 13, 2011, 4:42:08 AM1/13/11
to Firebug
Does it help if you:

1) right click on the status bar icon and pick "Clear Activation
List"?
or
2) Firebug icon menu -> options -> Reset All Firebug options ?

Honza

John J Barton

Jan 13, 2011, 11:25:53 AM1/13/11
to Firebug

On Jan 12, 11:16 am, "D.Stall" <i...@LifeGivingSpring.info> wrote:
> I'm using Firebug 1.6.1 with Firefox 3.6.13 on Mac OS 10.4.11,
> and it sometimes opens automatically when browsing.
>
> I notice this consistently on Facebook.
>
> When Firebug automatically opens to report an error,
> then the page scrollbar won't work and the page tab has to be
> deleted.
>
> What is causing Firebug to open on its own?

Probably you set "Break on All Errors", an option in the Console
panel. It causes Firebug to enter JS debug when you hit an error, and
when in JS Debug the page is frozen.

As Honza suggested, Reset All from the Firebug Icon Menu > Options
will fix it.

jjb

Aniket Gundecha

Mar 7, 2015, 7:57:35 AM3/7/15
to fir...@googlegroups.com
I had a similar problem... I accidentally checked " On for all web pages" options... Just disable that and you are good to go.. To do so.. Right Click on the firebug icon and deselect "On For all Web Pages" option under it