After upgrading to FF 30 und Firebug 2.0. FB is not active any more.

Avenger

Jun 15, 2014, 10:11:58 AM6/15/14
to fir...@googlegroups.com
Hitting F12 brings up the FireFox debugger.

No Firebug icon any more....

Sebastian Zartner

Jun 15, 2014, 10:43:09 AM6/15/14
to fir...@googlegroups.com
Which version of Firefox and Firebug?
Did you check, whether the Firebug extension is activated in the addons?

Sebastian

Anupam Bagchi

Jun 15, 2014, 9:52:55 PM6/15/14
to fir...@googlegroups.com
I have the same problem. The recent update of Firefox caused my Firebug to become inactive. I can see the icon, but on clicking it, the Firebug window does not show up any more. I am on Mac OSX and using Firefox 30.0.

Build identifier: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.9; rv:30.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/30.0
I have Firebug 2.0 installed.

Thanks for looking into this.
- Anupam

Avenger

Jun 15, 2014, 11:10:24 PM6/15/14
to fir...@googlegroups.com
Like the subject says: After upgrading to FF 30 und Firebug 2.0. FB is not active any more.

Further: FB 2.0 ist marked as "incompatible" in the add-ons-manager,

After reverting to the last FB pre 2.0-Version, this is now also no more active.

ch...@itsgone.com

Jun 16, 2014, 4:04:31 AM6/16/14
to fir...@googlegroups.com
Hi - I am getting the same problem. Win7 FF30 FB2.0 showing Deactivated. Since I updated to FB2.0 I cannot get FB to activate. Tried uni-installing and rolling back - but now no version will activate! Been fine for years until now! Please fix.

Avenger

Jun 17, 2014, 12:31:38 AM6/17/14
to fir...@googlegroups.com
I don't know why, but after an automatic FB-Update to 2.0 again, it works now......

Sebastian Zartner

Jun 17, 2014, 1:03:08 AM6/17/14
to fir...@googlegroups.com
The reason for this may be the Firebug extension Illuminations for Developers. The version 1.1.27 of it broke Firebug but 1.1.28, which was released today claims to fix this.
@Avenger: Do you have that extension installed?

@others: Do you still have that problem?

Sebastian

Avenger

Jun 17, 2014, 1:06:45 AM6/17/14
to fir...@googlegroups.com
<< Do you have that extension installed?>>

No, I did not, did not even know about it :-(....

I have installed it now, because it looks promising.

And FB still works. :-)

Sebastian Zartner

Jun 17, 2014, 1:28:04 AM6/17/14
to fir...@googlegroups.com
Ok, thanks for the fast feedback, Avenger. Good to hear that it's working for you. Note that there are a lot more extensions for Firebug.
Still waiting for the feedback from the others.

Sebastian

ch...@itsgone.com

Jun 17, 2014, 3:43:19 AM6/17/14
to fir...@googlegroups.com
Hi - Disabling Illuminations for Developers 1.1.27 fixed the problem for me. FB 2.0 now working again. Thanks for the advice.

Sebastian Zartner

Jun 22, 2014, 11:05:47 PM6/22/14
to fir...@googlegroups.com
Note that Illuminations for Developers 1.1.28 was just released, which should fix the conflicts with Firebug 2.0.
Please give feedback whether it works for you.

Sebastian

Anupam Bagchi

Jun 23, 2014, 10:41:53 AM6/23/14
to fir...@googlegroups.com
Yes, the latest upgrade of Firefox plugins has fixed the problem. Thanks a million.

- Anupam

Marc Hardy

Jun 24, 2014, 9:15:48 AM6/24/14
to fir...@googlegroups.com
Same problem for me too!

Firefox has just recently updated itself to version 30 and I no longer have the Firebug icon and hitting F12 displays Firefox developer tools.

My Firebug is activated and I have uninstalled and reinstalled twice now - no difference. It shows up in the Firefox Add-ons Manager with just the Disable and Remove buttons showing.

Jan Honza Odvarko

Jun 24, 2014, 11:29:27 AM6/24/14
to fir...@googlegroups.com

On Tuesday, June 24, 2014 3:15:48 PM UTC+2, Marc Hardy wrote:
Same problem for me too!

Firefox has just recently updated itself to version 30 and I no longer have the Firebug icon and hitting F12 displays Firefox developer tools.

My Firebug is activated and I have uninstalled and reinstalled twice now - no difference. It shows up in the Firefox Add-ons Manager with just the Disable and Remove buttons showing.
Could be a problem with your profile (perhaps a collision with another extension?)

Try installing Firebug in a new fresh Firefox profile, it should help
https://getfirebug.com/wiki/index.php/Install_Firebug_into_a_clean_profile

Honza