Autocomplete doesn't work in full-view (right-side) code input area

Yair Even Or

Jun 19, 2014, 10:58:12 AM6/19/14
to fir...@googlegroups.com
I ONLY use full view for years now, and think it's the only way to go, I write tons of code there, and test it right away.
In Firebug 2, there is no autocomplete in that sections. :(

cheekybuddha

Jun 19, 2014, 12:31:22 PM6/19/14
to fir...@googlegroups.com
I have found a different issue concerning the larger editor in the Console tab.

I can not type in it, nor can I change to any other tabs (HTNL, CSS, Script, Net, etc ...)

If I collapse to the single row command line, then I can type in it, and also the tabs change again as expected.

This happened when updating Firefox to 33.0a1 nightly.

I have disabled two Firebug addons that I was using (FireDiff 1.2.1 and CSS Usage 0.3.3), but I haven't had a chance to try a new profile yet

Setup:
FF: 33.0a1
FB: 2.0b8
OS: Ubuntu 12.04

Will post again when I get a chance to see what happens in clean profile.

Thanks,

Simon Lindholm

Jun 19, 2014, 3:10:27 PM6/19/14
to fir...@googlegroups.com
That sounds like this Nightly-only bug: https://code.google.com/p/fbug/issues/detail?id=7535

Comment 6 has an XPI with a fix - feedback on whether it helps is always welcome.

@Yair, do you have any Firebug extensions installed? Firebug 2.0 should in fact have newly added auto-completion there - press Tab or Ctrl+Space to activate it.

- Simon

cheekybuddha

Jun 19, 2014, 5:02:49 PM6/19/14
to fir...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Simon,

It appears to work with a very quick test - will report back if anything else crops up.

Will I need to manually update, or will it pick up updates automatically?

Cheers,

Simon Lindholm

Jun 20, 2014, 5:58:32 PM6/20/14
to fir...@googlegroups.com
I *think* it should keep auto-updating, but I'm only like 90% sure. FWIW 2.0.1 should be out in ~a week and includes the fix.

Jan Honza Odvarko

Jun 21, 2014, 1:43:06 AM6/21/14
to fir...@googlegroups.com
Firebug 2.0.1 passed its review and is available on AMO
https://blog.getfirebug.com/2014/06/21/firebug-2-0-1/

So, you might want to try it out :-)

Honza