The connection was interrupted while the page was loading - Firefox - signInWithPopup()

Mohit Kishore

Aug 24, 2016, 3:08:36 PM8/24/16
to Firebase Google Group

Hello everyone,

I currently have a website that uses Firebase to authenticate users with facebook. I am using the signInWithPopup() method provided by firebase to authenticate my users.

The website works perfectly fine on Chrome, but when my users try to login with Firefox, they see the following error

The connection to wss://s-usc1c-nss-104.firebaseio.com/.ws?v=5&s=Tqa1ImoPipzRYUPJ8vnALN7Fjzda2roZ&ns=my25pics was interrupted while the page was loading.

What are the possible reasons for this error and how or what would be the fastest way to fix it ?

Any help is appreciated.

Thank you

Regards

Kato Richardson

Aug 25, 2016, 2:07:33 PM8/25/16
to Firebase Google Group
Hi Mohit,

That's unlikely to be preventing authentication and is logged by Firefox when the websocket connection is terminated (usually because the escape key is pressed or the page is unloaded). Can you provide a minimal repro?

☼, Kato

Kato Richardson | Developer Programs Eng | kato...@google.com | 775-235-8398