Authencation

Johnny O

Apr 18, 2018, 8:44:25 PM4/18/18
to Firebase Google Group
I have a python script that I run from my cmd on windows 7 and it connects to my firebase database. Right now I have it in test mode so no authentication is required. How can I add authentication so I can type email and password into the cmd to authenticate

?

Kato Richardson

Apr 21, 2018, 3:33:36 PM4/21/18
to Firebase Google Group
Johnny,

Are you working with Realtime Database or Firestore? There are instructions for authenticating to RTDB via REST here

Note that we also have an admin SDK for Python, which doesn't require auth, if what you're doing won't be distributed to clients. But you haven't been very specific on the use case, so I'm not sure which direction to head with this.

☼, Kato

Kato Richardson | Developer Programs Eng | kato...@google.com | 775-235-8398