Firebase Analytics Implementation in Hybrid App - Using Cordova Plugin

analyti...@gmail.com

Sep 21, 2017, 7:19:26 AM9/21/17
to Firebase Google Group

I was trying to use Cordova Firebase Plugin for my hybrid application. This application based on ionic - cordova framework. So here is the list of questions/issues we are facing:

  1. Is this plug-in is also work for Hybrid Applications ? Can we implement firebase analytics in hybrid application ?
  2. If yes, then we are facing app kill/stopped issue while using this plug-in.
  3. We have installed this plug-in in our project.
  4. We have added the google-services.json file in the app plugin folder as well as on root folder.
  5. We have done the required changes in build.gradle as well

But the moment we run the project and launch the app then the same is getting closed/crashed.

Please help.

Ian Barber

Sep 21, 2017, 10:22:43 AM9/21/17
to Firebase Google Group
Do you get a stack trace? If you check logcat, you should see that, that would help narrow it down

analyti...@gmail.com

Sep 22, 2017, 11:09:26 AM9/22/17
to Firebase Google Group
How can we get a stack trace ? The app is getting killed on launch itself and we are not able to get the log or debug the issue. Also, our build is not getting failed. It is getting published successfully and the moment app launch happen, it gets killed on boot.

Is there anyway we can get the logcat in Cordova ? Ubuntu platform we are using. Please suggest.

On Thu, Sep 21, 2017 at 6:25 AM, <analyti...@gmail.com> wrote:

I was trying to use Cordova Firebase Plugin for my hybrid application. This application based on ionic - cordova framework. So here is the list of questions/issues we are facing:

  1. Is this plug-in is also work for Hybrid Applications ? Can we implement firebase analytics in hybrid application ?
  2. If yes, then we are facing app kill/stopped issue while using this plug-in.
  3. We have installed this plug-in in our project.
  4. We have added the google-services.json file in the app plugin folder as well as on root folder.
  5. We have done the required changes in build.gradle as well

But the moment we run the project and launch the app then the same is getting closed/crashed.

Please help.

Ian Barber

Sep 25, 2017, 5:12:41 PM9/25/17
to Firebase Google Group