Blaze & "Full Cloud integration" meaning

François Perret

May 23, 2016, 10:11:32 PM5/23/16
to Firebase Google Group
Hi all,
Thanks for this great release. I have a question regarding pricing.
"Blaze" plan includes a "Full Cloud integration" for GCP, which other plans don't.
In my understanding, all plans can access a given project using GAE (be it java or node based), so what is that integration referring to exactly?
Thanks for you reply,
François.

Jacob Wenger

May 23, 2016, 10:16:36 PM5/23/16
to fireba...@googlegroups.com
Hey Fancois!

The answer is actually given in the pricing page's FAQ. Here is the full text:

What is included in Full Cloud Integration?

Firebase is deeply integrated with Google Cloud Platform.

Every Firebase project is also a Google Cloud project under the hood. When you upgrade to the Blaze plan, you can use any of Google's world-class Infrastructure-as-a-Service directly inside your Firebase project, at the same low prices as Google Cloud (for equivalent features).

There are many security-enhancing, latency-improving, and time-saving benefits to using Google Cloud with Firebase (versus other, non-co-located Cloud services). Many of your settings are shared between both services, including collaborators and billing information. All your Firebase and Cloud usage appears on the same bill.

So, mainly, this just means that billing is integrated between the two. You are correct in that you are able to use the free tier GCP products for all non-Blaze plans. We realize this answer is a bit hidden and several team members were talking about how we can make this clearer earlier today.

Cheers,
Jacob

François Perret

May 23, 2016, 10:27:01 PM5/23/16
to fireba...@googlegroups.com
Oops,
I skipped the whole FAQ reading, my bad.
Anyway, you answer gives me the real understanding, it is a billing integration, not a functional one.
Maybe you could just add a reference to just under the table instead of putting this info in the FAQ (my 2 cents).
Thanks & keep up the good, innovative job.
François.