Firebase for Unreal Engine 4 with Desktop Game Development

simplyble

Sep 20, 2017, 3:40:06 AM9/20/17
to Firebase Google Group
Hi , i wanted to know if its a good solution to use firebase in unreal , i know that there is already a plugin for unreal engine specifically used for mobile development , but what i am talking about is mainly desktop games , and using firebase services for it. like the ones that i use for MMORPG games like sqlserver that handles it all , and the API's for it.

can the firebase now handle a desktop game with an MMORPG game , or is it limited to mobile game platform instead of the pc platform?

Stewart Miles

Sep 20, 2017, 2:22:30 PM9/20/17
to Firebase Google Group
At the moment Firebase's C++ SDK is limited to mobile clients.  We do have a lot of folks ask about desktop support though.  If you had C++ support how would you prioritize the features you need?

Cheers,
Stewart

On Wed, Sep 20, 2017 at 12:20 AM, simplyble <patrickj...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi , i wanted to know if its a good solution to use firebase in unreal , i know that there is already a plugin for unreal engine specifically used for mobile development , but what i am talking about is mainly desktop games , and using firebase services for it. like the ones that i use for MMORPG games like sqlserver that handles it all , and the API's for it.

can the firebase now handle a desktop game with an MMORPG game , or is it limited to mobile game platform instead of the pc platform?

simplyble

Sep 21, 2017, 7:19:23 AM9/21/17
to Firebase Google Group
Well if this was asked i would say the following for desktop C++ game development using firebase.

1.Database & Login
2. HTTP / 2
3. Analytics
4.Authentications

well the basic stuff inside the firebase console really , as that would be the best choice for dev if possible , but it will change , because all we want is a single solution that we can use for games and in desktop like for example a one based solution so that we dont need to have a custom made server that handles all the data , for example sqlserver , python server , ruby server , etc. mainly the basics for it that we can use to have a multi-platform basis with customizable end points for the data that we need to adjust and add to it

On Thursday, September 21, 2017 at 2:22:30 AM UTC+8, Stewart Miles wrote:
At the moment Firebase's C++ SDK is limited to mobile clients.  We do have a lot of folks ask about desktop support though.  If you had C++ support how would you prioritize the features you need?

Cheers,
Stewart
On Wed, Sep 20, 2017 at 12:20 AM, simplyble <patrickj...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi , i wanted to know if its a good solution to use firebase in unreal , i know that there is already a plugin for unreal engine specifically used for mobile development , but what i am talking about is mainly desktop games , and using firebase services for it. like the ones that i use for MMORPG games like sqlserver that handles it all , and the API's for it.

can the firebase now handle a desktop game with an MMORPG game , or is it limited to mobile game platform instead of the pc platform?

Stewart Miles

Sep 21, 2017, 11:35:19 AM9/21/17
to Firebase Google Group
Thanks for you feedback.

Could you elaborate on what you mean by HTTP/2 ?  Are you asking for us to redistribute something like libcurl?

Cheers,
Stewart

nar...@gcmvp.com

Apr 6, 2018, 10:22:10 AM4/6/18
to Firebase Google Group
Kindly let me know have you people done something for Firebase Realtime Database for Desktop Platform. Or Should i use this plugin for Realtime database. Kindly have a look at the link for Realtime integration of database.