Getting Firebase / Express / Passport / Steam to work together

Chris Wingler

Sep 21, 2017, 4:25:39 AM9/21/17
to Firebase Google Group
Hi I'm having trouble exporting this function:

exports.steamAuth = functions.https.onRequest((request, response) => {
 passport.authenticate('steam', { failureRedirect: '/' });
 response.redirect('/');
});

Other functions I've tried work, but this one is absolutely critical.

Also, why do endpoints only work on us-central1 server, rather than example.com/helloWorld?  Is this normal behavior?

Ian Barber

Sep 21, 2017, 10:26:46 AM9/21/17
to Firebase Google Group
For the second question https://firebase.google.com/docs/hosting/functions is how we do that.