[Unity] ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Cannot be negative

Eduardo Lauer

Dec 1, 2016, 11:15:37 PM12/1/16
to Firebase Google Group
Hello,

I'm using Firebase Analytics and did this fix to it recently, but I noticed a few things:

- I don't have the file firebase-config-9.8.0

- With unity closed, I edited the AppDeps.cs as described, deleted firebase-common-9.8.0 and firebase-iid-9.8.0, reopened Unity and firebase-iid-9.8.0 was generated again.

- I'm also using Play Game Services and AdMob noticed that Firebase is the only one that uses files with versions prior to 10.0.1, such as:
firebase-iid-9.8.0
firebase-analytics-9.8.0.aar
firebase-analytics-unity-1.0.0.aar
firebase-app-unity-1.0.0.aar

- I did Kidel's fix to Game Play Services in so it would work with Unity 5.5, but I don't think it's related.

- Using only the initialization code from the quickstart (in my project) I get this error, also whanever I try to call a LogEvent.

Stewart Miles

Dec 2, 2016, 12:36:41 PM12/2/16
to fireba...@googlegroups.com
Hi Eduardo,

This is due to FirebaseApp initialization failing because you're missing one of the Android dependencies probably as a result of editing the various *Deps.cs files.  Could you try opening one of the samples https://github.com/firebase/quickstart-unity switching the config to Android and verifying your project has the same aars and unpacked aars (although at different versions) as the sample?

The reason for the crypt exception is due to a bug in the 1.0.1 release caused the exception string formatter to fail and throw this exception rather than a useful error.  We have a fix lined up for our next release.

Cheers,
Stewart

Eduardo Lauer

Dec 3, 2016, 10:04:13 AM12/3/16
to Firebase Google Group
I checked and they had the same files, but with different versions and the app worked fine. I added the AdMob 3.1.2, relaunched Unity and the app crashed at launch. Deleted firebase-common-9.8.0 and firebase-iid-9.8.0 and edited these lines from AppDeps:
43 - 9.8+ to LATEST
44 - 9.8+ to LATEST
45 - 1.0.0 to LATEST

The app launched but the ArgumentOutOfRangeException was thrown.

Because you now mentioned various *Deps.cs files I also edited AnalyticsDeps.cs:
43 - 9.8+ to LATEST
44 - 1.0.0 to LATEST

Deleted all files with version prior to 10.0.1 and relaunched Unity, the app laucnhed and no exception was thrown. Did the same thing to my project and it worked fine, no exceptions.

Thank you,
Eduardo Lauer