Can't Login from Vagrant env (Login:CI localhost:9005 can't be reached)

Steve Barnes

Dec 1, 2016, 11:15:37 PM12/1/16
to Firebase Google Group
Heya,

Background. Legacy firebase hosted app deployed in Feb of this year.  Life gets in the way, I'm finally getting back to it only to find tools/hosting have been upgraded and I can no longer access.

Current Situation:  Development env is on a Vagrant Ubuntu box that I SSH into. No Browser available.

Firebase tells me I need to upgrade tools. I do that.
Firebase tells me to reAuth by running Firebase Login
Firebase tools supplies me with a URL to 'run on any device'. I have no browser via SSH. I exit vagrant and run natively.  I provide credentials and permissions, auth redirects me to localhost:9005 which can't be reached.
I run Firebase login:CI. Same scenario as above.

I install Node/NPM natively outside of vagrant box.
Install Firebase tools
Run Firebase Login natively: Same result, Cant reach localhost:9005
Run Firebase Login:CI natively: Same result, can't reach localhost:9005.

All of this nets no token to integrate

Any help getting this up and running on my vagrant box would be most appreciated!

-Steve

Kato Richardson

Dec 2, 2016, 11:16:00 AM12/2/16
to Firebase Google Group

Hi Steve,

If I run firebase --help I see this in the output:

login:ci [options]                         generate an access token for use in non-interactive environments

Based on this, I think this would be the correct process:

  • Install the CLI tools on a box with a browser.
  • Authenticate using login:ci to obtain the token
  • On your remote machine, log in with --token to use it
You may also want to look at --non-interactive, depending on how this is used.

☼, Kato

Kato Richardson | Developer Programs Eng | kato...@google.com | 775-235-8398

Steve Barnes

Dec 3, 2016, 10:04:13 AM12/3/16
to Firebase Google Group
Thanks for the reply, as I mentioned either process (login, login:ci) prompts me for permissions, which i grant, then attempts to redirect to localhost:9005, which it can't resolve. No token is presented. At this point, I can't even get a token outside of vagrant.

Kato Richardson

Dec 3, 2016, 11:51:16 PM12/3/16
to Firebase Google Group

You need to do login:ci on your dev machine, not the remote server. In other words, somewhere with a browser.

On Dec 3, 2016 8:04 AM, "Steve Barnes" <bun...@gmail.com> wrote:
Thanks for the reply, as I mentioned either process (login, login:ci) prompts me for permissions, which i grant, then attempts to redirect to localhost:9005, which it can't resolve. No token is presented. At this point, I can't even get a token outside of vagrant.

Steve Barnes

Dec 4, 2016, 12:28:08 PM12/4/16
to Firebase Google Group
Thanks for your suggestions Kato.  I sorted out the issue.  Theirs a command option that is only documented directly in firebase CLI --help. Not in the docs.

For any future ppl that need the solution. This worked or me.

"firebase login:ci --no-localhost"