Can we expose rest apis in firebase deployed apps?

瀏覽次數:116 次
跳到第一則未讀訊息

spidy spidy

未讀,
2015年11月28日 上午10:57:332015/11/28
收件者:Firebase Google Group
I am planning to build a mobile app and considering to use firebase as database.Now few doubts I am having and not getting clear answers for them. Here are those:

1) Since we can choose to deploy our app on Firebase , can we expose  some rest apis on firebase? My app requires some processing on data when rest apis called from client.Not sure if we can deploy those apis on firebase or nor?
    Also its no where mention how to call those apis. I can see most firebase examples  with no backend. If thats possibility can you help me with some example.
2) If above scenario is not possible then we can create our own app using node and deploy to some node enabled CDN. Do you guys recommend any such platform?
3) Firebase doesnot support hosting of images.Any suggesions you have for this.

Kato Richardson

未讀,
2015年11月28日 上午11:02:242015/11/28
收件者:Firebase Google Group
It would help to start with the actual use case (what you're trying to accomplish). What you've provided here is probably an XY problem.

Firebase provides a REST API and it can be secured using the same security rules as any of the other client libraries. A solid strategy is to have the clients write to Firebase and have servers listen on those paths for changes. This provides a streamlined and much more effective strategy than setting up a server to listen for RESTful events. Check out firebase-queue for more on this strategy.

Firebase does not provide any tools for running server side code at present. So you'll need to spin up a node.js or other if you want to run any sort of privileged workers.

☼, Kato

spidy spidy

未讀,
2015年11月28日 晚上7:02:542015/11/28
收件者:Firebase Google Group
hi can u explain what do you mean by spin up node.js. Does it mean that I can created my own node.js app and deploy on my server or some cdn
回覆所有人
回覆作者
轉寄
0 則新訊息