Dashboard FCM Notifications Failed: Unregistered Registration token

Mike Lefa

Apr 24, 2017, 9:50:39 AM4/24/17
to Firebase Google Group
Hi there

I am trying to send a notification to my apps using firebase functions but I keep getting the following error message:

Error message:  The provided registration token is not registered. A previously valid registration token can be unregistered for a variety of reasons. See the error documentation for more details. Remove this registration token and stop using it to send messages.

So I switch to firebase console to try sending it manually and I get the following:

Unregistered registration token.

Any idea of what might be the problem?

On my android app, I get the token using FirebaseInstanceId.getInstance().getToken(). The services are correctly setup in the manifest. I am using firebase functions and therefore running the server as admin. Is there any extra setup to be run in order to register the device token?

Please help