Is paid firebase necessary in orde to map a custom domain to firebase hosted app

Henk Visser

Jul 20, 2016, 6:45:59 PM7/20/16
to Firebase Google Group
Dear reader,

Is it true that you have to have a paid firebase plan to map a custom domain to your app hosted at firebase? I have a custom domain registrered somewhere which I want to map to my app hosted at firebase, but it's not working.

Best regards,

Henk

Andrew Chilton

Jul 20, 2016, 8:23:24 PM7/20/16
to Firebase Google Group
Hi Henk,

You can map custom domains to free apps too. I have managed to do it with one of my apps, plus it can come with a free SSL/TLS certificate too.

Go and take a look at the 'Hosting' section of your app. At the top in the 'Domain' section there will be a button which says 'Connect Custom Domain'. From there you can follow the steps to make sure all of your DNS records are set up correctly.

Cheers,
Andy

Henk Visser

Jul 29, 2016, 10:48:34 AM7/29/16
to Firebase Google Group
Thanks for your instructions Andy, I seen now how I can connect to my Custom Domain.

Best regards,

Henk