iOS & observeAuthEventWithBlock

François Perret

Nov 23, 2015, 7:35:37 PM11/23/15
to Firebase Google Group
Hey there,

My app uses authWithOAuthProvider to authenticate against Facebook.

In the app delegate, I set up  observeAuthEventWithBlock so I can monitor  (checking authData value) auth changes and react accordingly.

This worked fine since a couple of weeks where observeAuthEventWithBlock started not to be called anymore.

On the first auth, it works great observeAuthEventWithBlock is called with authData not null.

Then if I call unauth() on a reference, sometimes observeAuthEventWithBlock is called with null authData as expected, sometimes it is not called.
In the latter case, closing the app and re-opening always leads to the good call.

Even if unauth worked as expected, re-auth never leads to the callback being called.
In that case, closing the app, and re-opening it triggers the right call.

I have persistence enabled, Firebase 2.4.3 and swift 2.1.
Has anyone notice such a behaviour? It's been working for months...

Thanks for any help.
F.

Michael Lehenbauer

Nov 24, 2015, 2:54:57 PM11/24/15
to Firebase Google Group
Hrm.  That sounds pretty odd.  Any chance you can provide a minimal repro of some kind?

Thanks,
-Michael

François Perret

Nov 26, 2015, 1:48:17 PM11/26/15
to fireba...@googlegroups.com
Hi Michael,

I did setup a repro environment, with only the relevant parts of my app concerning the issue I’m facing.

In that minimal environment I can’t see the issue anymore, so all this is definitely on my side.

It can now re-add suppressed components on top of that, and see when it stops acting as expected.

Cheers,

F.