Firebase Titanium Module & GeoFire Titanium port on GitHub!

Vince Stross

Aug 29, 2014, 2:09:50 PM8/29/14
to fireba...@googlegroups.com
Hello!

I'm excited to announce that both of the Firebase projects I've been working on have finally reached v1.0 and can be found on GitHub.

The first is a Firebase iOS Module for Titanium which wraps the official Firebase iOS Framework, exposing a JavaScript API for the Titanium environment.

The second is a port of the GeoFire-js library to work with the iOS Module in Titanium environments

I hope anyone who uses the Titanium platform will take a look at these. I've received strong feedback from beta testers, and both the module & library are considered v1.0 ready for production use.

Looking forward to the bug reports! :)

Vince

David East

Aug 29, 2014, 2:18:45 PM8/29/14
to fireba...@googlegroups.com
Awesome work, Vince!

This is really nice fit with Titanium. I'm excited to give it a try.

gor ski.

Jun 30, 2016, 10:34:48 AM6/30/16
to Firebase Google Group
Hey,
I have to implement anonymous Analytics with Firebase into a Titanium app.
Is this possible through this module?

best,
Goran

Kato Richardson

Jun 30, 2016, 3:20:09 PM6/30/16
to Firebase Google Group
Hello Goran,

We're not providing any specific tools for working with Titanium. Since it's JS based, it won't work out of the box with Analytics, obviously, since they are native only.

However, I'd imagine you could utilize the native mobile SDKs for analytics (or emulate their server calls) with some effort. This wouldn't be supported, of course, until there is some more adoption and demand, but sounds like a fun community project.

☼, Kato

Kato Richardson | Developer Programs Eng | kato...@google.com | 775-235-8398