Firebase Crashlytics and email alerts

694 visninger
Gå til det første ulæste opslag

Aaron Sullivan

ulæst,
19. apr. 2018, 00.04.1819.04.2018
til Firebase Google Group
Hello,

We've enabled Crashlytics through the Firebase console and have confirmed that crashes get picked up in Firebase.

The question I have is that since our app uses bitcode, our release process now includes manually downloading the dSYM from Apple and uploading it to Firebase via the console. I noticed that _no_ crashes get processed (ie, an email alert sent to me) if this dSYM is not present. (In this case, the dSYM is marked as required.) So, if this step is missed, and making it a manual step means that it could realistically happen, then I can potentially still miss being notified of crashes.

This strikes me as problematic. Is there a way to have emails sent out regardless of whether the dSYM is present? This way at least we can backtrack and fight fires as they happen.

Thanks,
Aaron

mbon...@google.com

ulæst,
19. apr. 2018, 17.04.0119.04.2018
til Firebase Google Group
Hey Aaron,

You are correct that there is not an email notification. The reason why is that there are many legitimate tines, such as for debug builds, where for many apps, they choose not to enable Crashlytics and in this case an email notification could easily get overwhelming. It's one of the reasons why we opted for an in dashboard alert.

If you want to automate dSYM uploads, I'd recommend looking at this blog post which would need slight modifications for using Firebase Crashlytics: https://krausefx.com/blog/download-dsym-symbolication-files-from-itunes-connect-for-bitcode-ios-apps

-Mike

Svar alle
Svar til forfatter
Videresend