Populating the 'email' field of a user via oath provider (Google/Github)

Matthew Huebert

Jul 28, 2016, 12:48:57 PM7/28/16
to Firebase Google Group
Hi all,

I am upgrading an app to the new auth system. Excited about the new features, particularly the ability to link accounts!

I do have a question about how email addresses can populate the user object. When I sign in with Google, even with `.addScope("email")`, the email field of the user is not populated:

Is this expected behaviour? I can verify that the email address *is* in `providerData`, so the 'scope' bit is working.

(Secondly, I would wonder if an email address that came from a provider would show up as 'verified'?)

Thanks,

Matt

Jacob Wenger

Jul 28, 2016, 1:45:22 PM7/28/16
to fireba...@googlegroups.com
I think you may find your answer here and here.

Cheers,
Jacob

Matthew Huebert

Jul 28, 2016, 6:03:34 PM7/28/16
to fireba...@googlegroups.com
Thanks. The first link explains it well, but I had read through the documentation several times looking for an answer and it was not clear to me... I think it would be helpful to mention it explicitly.
You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Firebase Google Group" group.

http://matt.is — Berlin, Germany