Defining roles by setting permissions in Firebase Colsole

Jens

Oct 5, 2016, 10:45:47 AM10/5/16
to Firebase Google Group
Hi,
the firebase console lets me Add members and give them a role (like 'Editor'), via settings - Permissions. Which is a promising start.

Now what I would really want is to connect this role to a Salesman or Client by:
- Connecting the role to their Google-account
- Giving them only rights to see Analytics and to send Messages

So when they login to Firebase on the left-side they will only see:
- Analytics
- Notifications

But this is not incorporated in the Firebase Console, is it? Or did I completely miss it?

Kind regards
Jens

Jacob Wenger

Oct 5, 2016, 1:03:57 PM10/5/16
to fireba...@googlegroups.com
Hey Jens,

The ability to only have people see certain products within the Firebase console is not currently supported. You are correct that you can only set permissions at the Reader, Editor, and Owner level, but that applies to all products within Firebase.

Cheers,
Jacob

David DeRemer

Jul 21, 2017, 3:33:28 PM7/21/17
to Firebase Google Group
+1 on this. Has there been any updates on this?

A marketing person that wants access to Firebase to send push notifications should not also be able to edit the database.

This is a huge security and data risk...

On Wed, Oct 5, 2016 at 2:18 AM, Jens <appton...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi,
the firebase console lets me Add members and give them a role (like 'Editor'), via settings - Permissions. Which is a promising start.

Now what I would really want is to connect this role to a Salesman or Client by:
- Connecting the role to their Google-account
- Giving them only rights to see Analytics and to send Messages

So when they login to Firebase on the left-side they will only see:
- Analytics
- Notifications

But this is not incorporated in the Firebase Console, is it? Or did I completely miss it?

Kind regards
Jens

Ian Barber

Jul 21, 2017, 7:35:49 PM7/21/17
to Firebase Google Group
No updates, sorry, but its something the console team have had several requests for!