Using Firebase Notifications to Automatically Push to Users After Firing Event

David Woodham

Aug 25, 2016, 5:14:45 PM8/25/16
to Firebase Google Group
Is it possible to setup a notification in the Firebase admin to send a push to users as they trigger a certain event?

I know I can send notifications to an audience, but I can only 'Send Now' or 'Send Later'. For example, I'd like to send a notification to a user when they reach level 10, and the level 10 event fires. What's the best way to accomplish this?

Thanks!

Mircea Rila

Aug 26, 2016, 10:13:38 AM8/26/16
to Firebase Google Group
You would need to send notifications using FCM: https://firebase.google.com/docs/cloud-messaging/server. For this you need to run your own application server; sending notifications from the app itself is not secure, as your Firebae Messaging server key would need to be embedded in the app itself.