DeveloperClaims in new firebase version (v3)

Javier Leal

May 23, 2016, 3:27:54 AM5/23/16
to Firebase Google Group
Hello. In previous version of firebase, there was a method to set admin/debug flags in order to check the application: https://www.firebase.com/docs/web/guide/login/custom.html#section-tokens-without-helpers

I wonder if in the new version of firebase (v3) is there the same methods. I dont found it.

Michael Bleigh

May 23, 2016, 1:27:05 PM5/23/16
to Firebase Google Group

On Mon, May 23, 2016 at 12:27 AM Javier Leal <javie...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello. In previous version of firebase, there was a method to set admin/debug flags in order to check the application: https://www.firebase.com/docs/web/guide/login/custom.html#section-tokens-without-helpers

I wonder if in the new version of firebase (v3) is there the same methods. I dont found it.

Javier Leal

May 24, 2016, 4:56:11 AM5/24/16
to Firebase Google Group
I was refer to the same issue like this: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/37389443/firebase-3-database-debug-output-when-connecting-from-node-js-sdkerv

That user in stackoverflow is not able to get verbosed the actions. Is there not DEBUG mode in the new API??

Jacob Wenger

May 25, 2016, 3:25:30 AM5/25/16
to fireba...@googlegroups.com
Hey Javier,

The admin flag is no longer need as this is the default behavior when you are authenticated with a service account. You will ignore all .read, .write, and .validate rules.

As for the debug flag, there is unfortunately no corresponding flag currently in the 3.x.x SDK, although we do plan to add it back in. We just need to figure out a new way to do it since the way we authenticate has changed and it's not a straightforward addition. That is why it wasn't in the I/O release.

Give us some time to figure it out and keep an eye out for a new release which adds this behavior back in. Sorry for the inconvenience. If you desperately need this feature, I would suggest sticking with the existing 2.x.x SDKs for the time being.

Cheers,
Jacob