Golang Server Side SDK

Vivek Garg

Sep 12, 2016, 11:25:20 AM9/12/16
to Firebase Google Group
Hello,

I am wondering if a server side Go SDK is something that may happen? Mostly wondering as it seems the WebSocket based implementations are currently limited to Official SDKs

Vivek

Kato Richardson

Sep 12, 2016, 1:11:56 PM9/12/16
to Firebase Google Group
Hi Vivek,

Golang support has definitely been mentioned once or twice and is on the feature request list. However, there are no publicly released official plans here and no ballparks or public release dates I can share. Sorry.

Note that the REST API does support limited streaming for Database. However, not all of the features are available over REST yet.

☼, Kato

Vivek

Kato Richardson | Developer Programs Eng | kato...@google.com | 775-235-8398

Mike Mcdonald

Sep 12, 2016, 8:00:12 PM9/12/16
to Firebase Google Group
I'd take a look at firego, one of the third party implementations of a REST streaming Go client.

It's not supported by the Firebase team, but it's used in production by other developers.

Thanks,
--Mike

On Mon, Sep 12, 2016 at 4:41 AM, Vivek Garg <vga...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello,

I am wondering if a server side Go SDK is something that may happen? Mostly wondering as it seems the WebSocket based implementations are currently limited to Official SDKs

Vivek

Vivek Garg

Sep 13, 2016, 12:30:26 AM9/13/16
to Firebase Google Group
Thanks Kato!

David Wu

Sep 29, 2016, 12:32:03 AM9/29/16
to Firebase Google Group
If you are looking for a server SDK written in golang that supports authentication, you can check out my implementation at https://github.com/wuman/firebase-server-sdk-go.

One inconvenient problem with firego is that you have to handle access token renewal yourself.  I have a forked branch which allows you to use the application default token source, which keeps a cached token and renews the access token for you automatically.

On Tuesday, September 13, 2016 at 12:30:26 PM UTC+8, Vivek Garg wrote:
Thanks Kato!