Working of Google map testing in Firebase Testlab

karuna dwivedi

Dec 11, 2017, 10:49:10 AM12/11/17
to Firebase Google Group
Hi,
     We are showing near by points for selection in map, So on selecting any point  we can continue to next step. But while uploading in test lab using generated Espresso test Apk, map is showing of other country and we are serving only in Bangalore (India). So we are stuck there and can't go next.
   So is there any way to overcome to such problem.

Regards,
Karuna Dwivedi

Andreas B

Dec 11, 2017, 11:08:55 AM12/11/17
to Firebase Google Group
Hi,

this page (for pre-launch reports, which rely on Firebase Test Lab) suggests to upload an edited APK that removes geolocation restrictions: https://support.google.com/googleplay/android-developer/answer/7002270?hl=en

Alternatively, you could try to detect whether a device is a Firebase Test Lab device, and then use static coordinates that work with your app instead of those returned by the actual map selection process:

String testLabSetting = Settings.System.getString(context.getContentResolver(), "firebase.test.lab");
if ("true".equals(testLabSetting)) {
//fake coordinates here
}

karuna dwivedi

Dec 28, 2017, 5:45:24 AM12/28/17
to Firebase Google Group
Hi,
   Thank you for replying, using static coordinates we can open map but than i want to select or click on map marker to select particular point. also how to drag map and how to search for address on search location dialog.
 Using android studio espresso recorder  I am not able to record these things. Can you guide how to click on marker drag maps will work for testing.