Viewing AppInvite analytics

Mircea Rila

Aug 25, 2016, 3:54:35 PM8/25/16
to Firebase Google Group
Hello,

I implemented Firebase AppInvites according to the docs - they work fine. However I don't see any events in Firebase Analytics (invites sent, opened, conversions etc.). Jim Cunningham mentioned I need to use "setGoogleAnalyticsTrackingId" for tracking (http://stackoverflow.com/questions/37703852/how-to-correctly-use-and-track-app-invites/39115876#39115876). However, I'm a bit confused on the whole Firebase Analytics - Google Analtyics integration:
1. Now Firebase Analytics can be linked with Google Analytics via a new property. However, this Firebase property does not have a regular Google Analytics Id, so I can't pass it to "setGoogleAnalyticsTrackingId".
2. Should I create a separate, Google Analytics only (not linked with Firebase) property, and should I pass its ID to AppInvites? More than this,
3. Now I will have 2 analytics properties for 1 app (one Firebase, one GA). Should I also instantiate Google Analytics SDK in my app for this setup to work?

Anyway, maybe I misunderstood some steps, but the setup seems overkill. Pleae help.

Thank you.

Regards,
Mircea