App invite - Include the recipient's name

Nicolas Milliard

Jun 29, 2016, 7:27:59 PM6/29/16
to Firebase Google Group
One of the best practice for Firebase App Invite is `Include the recipient's name` for both SMS and email. However I don't see how you do that..
I am guessing we should use some kind of variable but seams not documeted.

any ideas?

Nicolas

Samuel Stern

Jun 30, 2016, 8:08:09 PM6/30/16
to Firebase Google Group
Hi Nicolas,

On Android, at least, you are correct that this best practice is not possible to follow with the current API.  I'm talking to the documentation writer to get that sentence removed or have someone tell me if there's a secret variable I don't know about.  If it's the latter case I will follow up here.  Thanks for catching this!

Sam

Fred Chung

Jun 30, 2016, 8:10:35 PM6/30/16
to Firebase Google Group
Hi Nicolas,

Thanks for reporting.  This is a documentation bug.  For Firebase Invites, developers cannot specify recipient information in the message body.  We will update the documentation soon.  Sorry for the inconvenience.

Fred