Local Storage in firebase ios

arpit goel

Mar 24, 2015, 2:09:53 AM3/24/15
to fireba...@googlegroups.com
Hi

I wanted to learn more about the internal details of local storage in ios while using firebase.

When I do [myref observeEventType] does all the data from the server come to the client ? or only the new data, and the firebase local storage is synced somehow? In the latter case, is there a way I could write custom serializers over the firebase local storage, or i would need to serialize the local store for the entire data?

Am just wondering what's the right way to figure out local storage along with firebase. Thanks!

Kato Richardson

Mar 24, 2015, 1:23:43 PM3/24/15
to fireba...@googlegroups.com
The implementation details of local disk persistence are pretty broad. It's also unclear here if you're talking about offline disk persistence or the caching and behaviors during temporary outages

Ideally, the SDK should handle this transparently and you shouldn't need to worry about local storage; just use Firebase normally. You certainly shouldn't need to serialize anything.

Cheers,
Kato