FIREBASE QUERIES

Umar Moeid Sodai

Feb 18, 2018, 7:49:00 PM2/18/18
to Firebase Google Group
Actually i am getting difficulty to retrieve my firebase database data, Can I retrieve data like SQL queries

For example,

Select Name
From Users
Where Name="Umar"

or
Select Name and Password
From Users
where Name ="Umar" AND Passowrd="hello123"

Samuel Stern

Feb 20, 2018, 11:06:57 AM2/20/18
to fireba...@googlegroups.com
Hi there,

Our two database products, Realtime Database and Cloud Firestore, are both NoSQL databases.  So the short answer is no, you can't use SQL queries to retrieve your data. I'd suggest reading the querying guide for each database to understand the capabilities:
In order to use these products successfully you will have to use a different data structure than you would with a SQL database.  The best way to learn to do this is to read the documentation and consult discussions on this mailing list.

- Sam