Getting error android.database.sqlite.SQLiteCantOpenDatabaseException from Firebase

athos.p

Aug 16, 2016, 9:55:16 AM8/16/16
to Firebase Google Group
Hello.

I have implemented Firebase into an application of mine and released it on Google Play. I have checked the logs and noticed that there is an error being thrown that is caused by Firebase. The log is the following and looks like it is being caused by the Firebase crash reporting service:

android.database.sqlite.SQLiteCantOpenDatabaseException: unknown error (code 14): Could not open database
at android.database.sqlite.SQLiteConnection.nativeOpen(SQLiteConnection.java)
at android.database.sqlite.SQLiteConnection.open(SQLiteConnection.java:209)
at android.database.sqlite.SQLiteConnection.open(SQLiteConnection.java:193)
at android.database.sqlite.SQLiteConnectionPool.openConnectionLocked(SQLiteConnectionPool.java:463)
at android.database.sqlite.SQLiteConnectionPool.open(SQLiteConnectionPool.java:185)
at android.database.sqlite.SQLiteConnectionPool.open(SQLiteConnectionPool.java:177)
at android.database.sqlite.SQLiteDatabase.openInner(SQLiteDatabase.java:804)
at android.database.sqlite.SQLiteDatabase.open(SQLiteDatabase.java:789)
at android.database.sqlite.SQLiteDatabase.openDatabase(SQLiteDatabase.java:694)
at android.app.ContextImpl.openOrCreateDatabase(ContextImpl.java:861)
at android.content.ContextWrapper.openOrCreateDatabase(ContextWrapper.java:229)
at android.database.sqlite.SQLiteOpenHelper.getDatabaseLocked(SQLiteOpenHelper.java:224)
at android.database.sqlite.SQLiteOpenHelper.getWritableDatabase(SQLiteOpenHelper.java:164)
at com.google.firebase.crash.internal.service.FirebaseCrashReceiverServiceImpl.onHandleIntent(:com.google.android.gms.DynamiteModulesC:1072)
at bsv.onTransact(:com.google.android.gms.DynamiteModulesC:69)
at android.os.Binder.transact(Binder.java:310)
at com.google.firebase.crash.internal.zze$zza$zza.zzI(zze.java)
at com.google.firebase.crash.internal.service.FirebaseCrashReceiverService.onHandleIntent(FirebaseCrashReceiverService.java)
at android.app.IntentService$ServiceHandler.handleMessage(IntentService.java:65)
at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:99)
at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:137)
at android.os.HandlerThread.run(HandlerThread.java:60)

The error comes only from a few devices (nuclear-inet, polaris-inet, AZPEN A720 (wing-inet) and polaris-ibt) running Android 4.2.

Any ideas why this problem happens and how to fix it?

Doug Stevenson

Aug 16, 2016, 1:24:07 PM8/16/16
to Firebase Google Group
From what I can tell by doing some searches, this happens on some Android 4.2 devices, but it's a non-fatal error.  I don't think it's crashing your device, is it?  Can you tell if it's preventing any crashes from actually being reported?  If everything is functioning OK, I would treat this stack trace as an internal diagnostic and ignore it.

If there is an error that prevents Firebase Crash Reporting from functioning as expected, please put as much detail as you can into a bug report here, and it will be researched more:

athos.p

Aug 26, 2016, 10:13:35 AM8/26/16
to Firebase Google Group
Thanks Doug.

No, it is not a fatal error, I was just wondering why it happens. It also seems that Crash reporting works but I am not sure if it works even when the error happens. I will post some more information if I find that this causes problems.