FIGkeys EEProm Programming Issue

Julian Skidmore

May 6, 2014, 9:27:20 AM5/6/14
to FIGnition
Hi folks,

At Makerfaire UK in the previous weekend I noticed that my FIGkeys unit didn't generate '!' when I pressed Shift+1 on the PS/2 keyboard. It turned out that my Noid* EEProm programming algorithm failed to wait for >4.0ms after programming each byte. You may find similar oddities in your own FIGkeys. If you do, you'll need to 'upgrade' the firmware to fix the EEProm using this guide:

The EEProm programming algorithm on the upgrader does wait for >4.0ms between programming each byte. I've also fixed the bug in the Noid algorithm and it also checks the EEProm contents afterwards now.

--

                  The DIY 8-bit computer from nichemachines™

FIG - black on whiteMini.jpg
NmLogoMini.jpg

carl

May 11, 2014, 6:45:46 AM5/11/14
to fign...@googlegroups.com
No problem there Julz,

My mark and copy seems to be borking the fignition when using it in editor, has the way you use it changed at all?

Julian Skidmore

May 11, 2014, 9:46:45 AM5/11/14
to FIGnition
Hi Carl,

My mark and copy seems to be borking the fignition when using it in editor, has the way you use it changed at all?

Mark is ALT+m and Copy is ALT+c on the FIGkeys firmware. I've just tested with the factory code and that works OK.

I've also checked it with the FIGkeys upgrader firmware on FIGnition, that too checks out.

-cheers from Julz