Preliminary Version of FIGgyBird!

Julian Skidmore

Mar 23, 2014, 5:09:26 AM3/23/14
to FIGnition
Hi folks,

Hope you're having a great Sunday :-)

I've just written a preliminary version of FlappyBird for FIGnition, FIGgyBird!

It's not quite perfect, I think the blitting is forcing the frame rate to go slightly under 50fps and this sometimes causes artifacts. Scrolling is smooth though and the wings flap :-) I also need to add sounds and a background. But to develop the game and get it into just under 200 lines of code (ignoring the comments at the beginning) and almost exactly 1Kb of compiled code shows how simple the basic game play is! Have a go :-)

The current listing is on the Google site!

Inline image 1

To play the game you should actually avrdude from block 3. If you loaded it to say block 13, then when you've transferred block 8, you'd compile the game with:

13 6 loads <exe>

And then run it with:

bird <exe>

Hold space key to flap (it works best with the keypad and in that case FIGkeys should be disconnected).

-cheers from Julz

--

                  The DIY 8-bit computer from nichemachines™

FIGgyBird.zip
FIG - black on whiteMini.jpg
NmLogoMini.jpg

Julian Skidmore

Mar 23, 2014, 5:19:29 AM3/23/14
to FIGnition
-cheers from Julz
NmLogoMini.jpg
FIG - black on whiteMini.jpg

Si Brindley

Apr 26, 2014, 7:41:51 PM4/26/14
to fign...@googlegroups.com
Hi Julz.

I've finally got around to upgrading to firmware 0.9.9 (I was moving house… but I never lost track of where my FIGnition was!)
Obviously I needed to test it out and make sure my FIGkeys still worked.  It does, and I hope you get a little kick out of this recording :)

 - Si
UpgradeTest.mov