It's very quiet in here & FIGKeys

Len S Warner

Oct 7, 2016, 2:32:42 PM10/7/16
to fign...@googlegroups.com
It's very quiet in here - is anyone working on anything Figgy?

Julz - is there any firmware development planned or in progress,
or is the Fignition project finished from your point of view?

I confess I haven't done much since I bought an InFUZE kit and
transplanted its AVR & ROM to my existng RevE board, though I
did work through most of the example programs (well done, Julz).

I've also found a car DVD player LCD screen for it and a little
wooden artist's case to keep it in, so perhaps I should get it
a qwerty keyboard too.

I've had a quick look at the website and I notice that although
the pages I checked had recent Modified dates (end September),
postage rates were still 2013 and 2014 - I think there's been an
increase since then, though I can't confirm it because the
website doesn't give package weights.

Is the FIGKeys kit still available and how much?

Also has the keyboard socket placement been corrected or are we
still on the first batch with the canted socket?

Regards, LenW

Julian Skidmore

Oct 15, 2016, 9:24:47 AM10/15/16
to FIGnition
Hello Len,

Yes, there are still about 15 FIGkey kits left :-) I'll charge the same as before until I update the price screen, which isn't a high priority.

I'm doing far fewer things with FIGnition these days, because I have a full time job which has quite a bit of travelling involved. Glad you've been able to hook it up to a car DVD player LCD screen, I had a go at doing that a little while back and it was quite cute :-) !

-cheers from Julz

                  The DIY 8-bit computer from nichemachines™

FIG - black on whiteMini.jpg
NmLogoMini.jpg

derrick welsh

Oct 16, 2016, 5:34:38 PM10/16/16
to fign...@googlegroups.com
Sell it?

Len S Warner

Oct 22, 2016, 8:17:29 AM10/22/16
to fign...@googlegroups.com
I see I put too many begs in one ask-it in my original post,
with the result that several went unanswered or obliquely
answered, so I shall try again in more digestible morsels

On 07/10/2016 19:32, Len S Warner wrote:
> It's very quiet in here - is anyone working on anything Figgy?
>
> Julz - is there any firmware development planned or in progress,
> or is the Fignition project finished from your point of view?
>
> Julian Skidmore <theorigi...@gmail.com>: Oct 15 02:24PM +0100
>>
>> I'm doing far fewer things with FIGnition these days, because I have
>> a full time job which has quite a bit of travelling involved.

This suggest to me that you might have some development ideas.
Any chance you will find the time to give us a hint about them?

Regards, LenW

Len S Warner

Oct 22, 2016, 8:44:15 AM10/22/16
to fign...@googlegroups.com
On 07/10/2016 19:32, Len S Warner wrote:
> Is the FIGKeys kit still available and how much?
>
> Also has the keyboard socket placement been corrected or are we
> still on the first batch with the canted socket?
>
> Julian Skidmore <theorigi...@gmail.com>: Oct 15 02:24PM +0100
>> Yes, there are still about 15 FIGkey kits left :-) I'll charge the same as
>> before until I update the price screen, which isn't a high priority.

I'm tempted to assume the 15 kits are the remainder of the first 100
and hence have the mis-positioned socket. I've thought of a few ways
to avoid tilting the socket.

I ordered a FIGkeys kit via Paypal on Monday 17th, so no doubt a small
packet will drop through my lettterbox soon and answer the question,

Regards, LenW

Len S Warner

Oct 22, 2016, 9:11:23 AM10/22/16
to fign...@googlegroups.com
On 07/10/2016 19:32, Len S Warner wrote:
> It's very quiet in here - is anyone working on anything Figgy?
> <big snip>
> Is the FIGKeys kit still available and how much?
> <snip>
>
> derrick welsh <derric...@gmail.com>: Oct 16 10:34PM +0100
> > Sell it?
>> On Saturday, 15 October 2016, Julian Skidmore <theorigi...@gmail.com>
>> wrote:

I'm at a loss to make any sense of Derrick's question.
He's top posted it over Julz' reply but I can't see any
relevance to that: who might sell what (and to whom)?.

Perhaps Derrick would like to explain himself further?

Making a brief quote to establish a context and posting a
reply underneath it would probably enhance comprehension.

Yes, I know Google's web interface doesn't encourage this but
don't inflict Google's deficiencies on us - I use Thunderbird.

Regards, LenW

Julian Skidmore

Oct 23, 2016, 4:54:23 PM10/23/16
to FIGnition

Hello, short reply: yes there is a chance i'll find time to at least hint about them :-)

Juergen Pintaske

Dec 28, 2017, 3:48:12 PM12/28/17
to FIGnition
Is there anybody here who would like to sell the working Fignition as not used anymore?? You can contact me directly - epld...@aol.com.