Audio ideas for 1.0.0

carl

Mar 28, 2014, 12:56:23 PM3/28/14
to fign...@googlegroups.com
I am very excited to hear about the progress that is being made towards Audio loading for the FIGnition. Of course this gets me to start thinking about where I have stored those C15 tapes! and what to use to play and record to them with.

With my Spectrum, I have used a utility called tap2wav, this does what it says on the tin converts tap files to audio wav files, therefore would it be correct to assume that recording the output to a wav file and replaying it from your phone or player would be suitable enough?
The mp3, I have read, are not deep enough to convey data.

The audio files could then just be downloaded and loaded with a homemade lead 3.5mm to RCA

Carl.

Julian Skidmore

Mar 28, 2014, 2:50:08 PM3/28/14
to FIGnition
Hi Carl,

Yes, that's right - with 1.0.0 if you simply record the output from FIGnition to a Wav (or AIFF), well any lossless format then just playing it back into a FIGnition will enable you to download the code.

This will also be the case for future firmware upgrades, delivered over audio; no more messing with problematic avrdude on Windows 7!

In development I'll need a tool that converts from binaries to wavs too (for firmware upgrades and .fth downloads) :-)

-cheers from Julz

                  The DIY 8-bit computer from nichemachines™

FIG - black on whiteMini.jpg
NmLogoMini.jpg