New to Fignition

s.wjs...@gmail.com

Sep 22, 2014, 2:34:00 PM9/22/14
to fign...@googlegroups.com
Hi All,

Got my fignition+kigkeys kit last week and have soldered it together successfully, and only burn myself once in the process.

Great bit of kit!

One problem I have come across is that typing with the keyboard will sometimes start repeating a key after being pressed, can be any key. Any ideas?

Forth seems a bit odd to me and hard to get my head around (coming from a C world), are there any guides/reference for it?

Thanks,
Sam

Robert Wilkinson

Sep 23, 2014, 3:52:58 AM9/23/14
to fign...@googlegroups.com
On Mon, Sep 22, 2014 at 11:34:00AM -0700, s.wjs...@gmail.com wrote:

> Forth seems a bit odd to me and hard to get my head around (coming from a C
> world), are there any guides/reference for it?

I would start with http://www.forth.com/starting-forth/

Bob

Julian Skidmore

Sep 23, 2014, 4:23:54 AM9/23/14
to FIGnition
Hi guys,

As Bob says, the definitive guide to Forth is Leo Brodie's Starting Forth.

FIGnition's forth in many ways is close to Jupiter Ace Forth, so it's worth reading that manual: The Jupiter Ace User's Manual

You can find an initial tutorial on using FIGnition Forth on the FIGnition web site:

There are some manuals explaining all the commands in FIGnition Forth and a hardware manual too: https://sites.google.com/site/libby8dev/fignition/fuze/usermanual

-cheers from Julz

                  The DIY 8-bit computer from nichemachines™

FIG - black on whiteMini.jpg
NmLogoMini.jpg